vegetarians: What are you doing it for??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vegetarian or not

• Norm

Votes: 66 88.0%
  • vegetarian

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • vegan

Votes: 6 8.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrboajangles

Reaction score
Just wondering why people are vegetarians? I think it is pointless and pretty silly really.
I can understand if you dont like the taste of meat... but with so many delicious animals to choose from I find it hard to believe thats you hate the taste of them all!!!
Maybe its a moral thing. Why but? Humans are designed to eat meat and vegies etc, if you look out our teeth you will see we have both Incisors and canines and molars!!
We are also in a food chain we are above cows etc, just like snakes are above mice!!!
Maybe you think its cruel?? You not eating meat does not change that in anyway!!!
I also read somewhere once (not sure if its true) that vegetarians live on average 7 years less!! and vegans even less!!! Vegans even more of a joke!!!

So whos a vegetarian and why??

Haha I laugh when they are like "You're killing innocent animals when you can eat veggies!"
The grain they eat kills millions of animals during harvesting. All those little bunnies, snakes, mice, rats, etc from the big machines. At least we eat the meat we kill, not leave it to rot in a field somewhere.

but u need 10 times the land to grow 1 kg of meat as 1kg of flour etc.

So. Let them use their own gardens to grow their own food and stop killing all those animals during harvesting. Impractical? yeah well so is your stupid diet.

very true!!! as far as thinking that if they dont eat meat... less cows are killed. Well I would say its more likely that the cows are just standing around a bit longer until they get killed. Maybe they should try and convince all living animals to stop eating meat!!! OH wait then they wont be able to keep snakes!!! You know snakes.... the reptile in the wild that either chokes, or poisons its prey to death!!!! how inhumane is that!!!

Haha. Cows have it made. I'd like to grow up eating endless food, being happy then when I'm in the prime of my life, get a nail in the head and die humanely rather than live on to old age and suffer.

ohh and as far as environment reason... I was watching a thing on cows the other day.. I think ABC. about how much cows contribute to the greenhouse gasses! aparently one cow does the same as one car. If we keep there numbers down by eating them, are we not being more environmentaly friendly??

haha, im not even a vego. But i appreciate anyone which chooses to be. whether u like it or not, eating meat is destructive, and i havnt seen any evidence to suggest it is required in our diet. Their isnt anything destructive about a native snake eating a native prey item as it is unlikely that this is going to cause extinction of an environment.

ohh and as far as environment reason... I was watching a thing on cows the other day.. I think ABC. about how much cows contribute to the greenhouse gasses! aparently one cow does the same as one car. If we keep there numbers down by eating them, are we not being more environmentaly friendly??

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

this is the most illogical thing ive heard all day. The only reason their r so many cows is cos we want to eat them.

This thread should get fun by half past beer o'clock. Oh, almost forgot to mention i only eat cats.

Well not every block of land is equally fertile. Sometimes you cant grow potatoes, wheat, etc. You think farmers always have a choice on what they do with their land? There's more money in raising cows then there is in growing corn and they have to make a living.

I don't understand why people choose that path, but ill respect there decision.
We are omnivores so its natural to eat meat.
Not wanting to offend any vegetarians but i think its abit of a attention seeking thing.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

this is the most illogical thing ive heard all day. The only reason their r so many cows is cos we want to eat them.

lol, but if we stop eating them the numbers will sky rocket!!! CHAOS

I don't understand why people choose that path, but ill respect there decision.
We are omnivores so its natural to eat meat.
Not wanting to offend any vegetarians but i think its abit of a attention seeking thing.

Thats right its a fashion statement!!!!
The drive around in there worn out kombi vans polluting this earth thinking its cool not to eat meat but cool to lick toads!!! Hows that for a stereotype!!!

How many of the proud meat eaters here can honestly say they could hold a gun to a cows head and pull the trigger? How many could actually kill all the animals they eat? I say if your going to eat it you should be able to kill it.

I think we 'evolved' to eat meat, we could eat all of the sustanance we need from fruit, vegies, nuts etc but meat is a 'easier' alternative in ways I agree. Designed? I think not, adaptation is more fitting..

Myboajangles I think your comments about vegetarians are uncalled for, calling someone elses opinions silly? They think it is morally disgusting... most vegetarians I know think that the killing of innocent animals is cruel and unnecessary - fair enough

As a whole I say Australians eat WAY too much meat, you need more land grow all of this meat and in the end you leave a greater ecological footprint behind.

Cant remeber the exact numbers but humans only need around 1 acre of land to feed and house themselves - Australians use around 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back