Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should exotic reptiles be allowed to be kept in Australia?

• YES, they should!

Votes: 35 36.5%
  • NO, they shouldn't!

Votes: 61 63.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptile_Maniac

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I am itching for a difference, for a difference in the policy of disallowing exotics reptiles in Australia, to us reptile owners... It is definitely a long shot however it is possible! Many other exotic pets are aloud in Australia such as birds, dogs, cats ect the list is endless, so why not reptiles? I am planning to use the poll above as an important argument in our case! I can express all of your concerns on your behalf to the wildlife trade group! If you would like me to express your concerns feel free to PM me... We can make a difference!!! Its up to us...

Thanks,
James

Last edited:
I can honestly and whole heartedly say i hope you fail miserably. Thankfully people with higher brain function than yourself put these regs in place.

Good luck with it, but I don't like your chances. Considering WA rep keepers can't even keep some of the reps found locally in WA, let alone reps from other states. To get the law changed is above the state level of government and needs changes to the Australian environmental act at a national level.

Sorry but I don't think a poll is going to change much. By the way I voted No I am happy with the amazing reptiles we already have.

Last edited:
Hey Everyone,

I am itching for a difference, for a difference in the policy of disallowing exotics reptiles in Australia, to us reptile owners... It is definitely a long shot however it is possible! Many other exotic pets are aloud in Australia such as birds, dogs, cats ect the list is endless, so why not reptiles? I am planning to use the poll above as an important argument in our case! I can express all of your concerns on your behalf to the wildlife trade group! If you would like me to express your concerns feel free to PM me... We can make a difference!!! Its up to us...

Thanks,
James

Who is this wildlife trade group? A poll of randoms on an internet site hardly constitutes an important argument.Lastly on what grounds do you think it may be possible,if it's because many other exotic pets are allowed you are sadly mistaken.

have fun with your plan!... we're on our own down under! Aussie government thinks local, not global! Unless your sleeping with or related to cabinet minister you chances are slim to none.

Not that I advocate illegal activity, but if you want to keep exotics.. It's your only shot.. Other than owning your own zoo of course!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back