Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

roostersm90

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all i am looking for my first python. i have been researching for awhile now and have recently got my class one liscence for NSW. i want a snake that looks good but i dont want something i cant look after properly (as i am a beginner). i dont mind size...to an extent :). I am a student so have a budget also. i like Jungles, Diamons, Bredlis and black head but have no idea what sort of price to expect.

Any suggestions or advice?

Hi all i am looking for my first python. i have been researching for awhile now and have recently got my class one liscence for NSW. i want a snake that looks good but i dont want something i cant look after properly (as i am a beginner). i dont mind size...to an extent :). I am a student so have a budget also. i like Jungles, Diamons, Bredlis and black head but have no idea what sort of price to expect.

Any suggestions or advice?
im just a novice also,my choice was stimsons,really nice snakes,out of your choices i think bredlis are the cheapest?

Hi,being your first alot of ppl would suggest a Bredli,and even Coastals.Also the Antaresia family are good for beginners,Childrens,Spotted and Stimsons,as they dont grow very big,4-5feet,on occasion a little bigger.With a coastal they can get up to 9-10feet.Jungles around 4-7feet,Diamonds 5-8feet,Most prices for any of the Antaresia start around $200 upwards,jungles anywhere from $250 up to $750 for a top quality,Diamonds around $300,Bredlis are $250 up to $400each,Best of luck with your purchase.

Thanks for the help iv narrowed it down to a diamon or bredli

as iv been tols jungles are rather aggressive and black heads well there not cheap

I would say stimsons. Good price, good colours, good personality, easy to care for. Good all round snake. 8)

Gday Roosters, I'm also new to this herping caper. Got my first snake, a hatcho Bredli male in March from Snake Ranch. He's beautiful, has never looked like striking me, has never refused a feed. I was so impressed I recently acquired a Bredli female hatcho (also Snake Ranch), her temperment & love of food are the same as the male. Beautiful looking snakes, will get to 2-2.5m as adults, would set you back $200-$300 each (classic colour) depending on the breeder.
The pic outdoors is the male, the other is the female.

I went the BHP for my first snake. I ummed and ahhed about the price for ages, but then i figured. Why settle for 2nd best in my list of choices?
And i dont regret my decision at all, he is my little champ.

Im one who fretts about sizes of snakes too, but then i think to myself, when you buy a hatchie theyre usually no bigger than 40cm, and they take -forever- to grow into a big boof. Ive had my BHP for a year or so now and he is only just getting over the metre mark. But he never stretches out so i havnt actually measured him.

Out of the ones you have listed I would go for a bredli if you dont want to spend too much or a bhp if you want to spend extra

Thanks for the advice. I can get a small snake cage for 350 with all the needed accessories. Bredlis are from dryer areas...do i worry about height or lenght of my cage? and does anyone know breeders around the ACT monaro area

Go a Port Macquarie, have the great Diamond looks without so much worry of DPS. Also have great temperamants and don't get overly big. :)

Dad-4.jpg

mate i wouldn worry about getting a big cage all u need is a click clack (asuming ur getting a hatchie) i am also new to snakes i have a spotted python though sometimes i think i should have gone bredli but that will be my next snake :)

um if ur unsure what a clicl clack is there should be a forum on hear about them i can have a look if u would like but as i said if it is a full grown ur getting then a larger enclosure is ok but if its a hatchie then i recommend a click clack

hope that helps

Cheers... i do want a hatchie itd be so cool to watch that little thig over the years grow..how long do you keep them in a click clack for? or till what size?
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back