Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Um...

* 52 litre tub - $12
* paper rolls - free
* heat cord - $25 ( i think)
* bowl - $8
* thermometer - $23 (reads and stores highest and lowest temps)
* hides - I think were expensive, but look good. Can use cereal boxes etc that are free
* branches - free (just make sure they're cleaned properly before putting in box)
* plastic plant - $15 (i think)

The heat cord was the most expensice thing, and that's probably the cheapest you can go. Heat mats with thermostats etc will only be more expensive. Everything else you can find alternative items that are cheap or expensive.

As long as they have somewhere to hide on the cool and the warm side. The smaller the snake the more places to hide the better. As they grow and become more confident you can slowly remove some of the excess hides so you see them more often.

But the click clack boxes, you want one that the lid locks into place. Heard lots of stories of escaping snakes, usually are hatchies or younger snakes. Most important thing I think.

If you want to know anything else I'm more than willing to help.

thanks heaps lovemydragons....has everyone heard about the womas now being class 1 in NSW

Gday Roosters. To go back to your question earlier, my set up cost a bit less than $200 (enclosure, heat mat, thermostat). You can do it a bit cheaper if you get a plastic tub from Bunnings & set it up (ventilation etc) rather than an off the shelf enclosure like mine. My enclosures were about $50 each, the heat mat was about $50 (from memory, could be wrong), & the thermostat was about $100. A brilliant investment is a non-contact thermometer, you can instantly check temps in all parts of the enclosure. Use your thermometer temps to adjust the thermostat, don't worry about the increments on the dial. I'm running both my heat mats off the one thermostat, they are identical set ups in the same location (so identical temps) & the mats are 13W but the thermostat is rated up to 100W. Then there's the other bits & pieces, I'm using aspen bedding, but most people just use newspaper. You'll need hides, water bowls, branches (yes, Bredlis are partly arboreal, they love to climb).

How good is that, Womas now Class 1. The only problem now is will my next python be a woma or a bhp?

Good luck mate! Warning, it's addictive. I only had my male for a couple of months then got my female. And now I also want a pair of another species, although I suspect that will have to wait for a while.

haha i got the sense its addictive i cant decide what to get and theres so many pythons id lve to have. Cheers for your info tonksy thanks for your help mate

Extreemly adictive.

If you look at the post "Help in convincing" you will probably find that there are some very nice alternatives to snakes.

I know I started with Beardies and am already planning how to convince my other half that we need an ackie.

. . . and my other pass time now is making fake rocks. You guessed it, for the reptiles!

Extreemly adictive.

If you look at the post "Help in convincing" you will probably find that there are some very nice alternatives to snakes.

I know I started with Beardies and am already planning how to convince my other half that we need an ackie.

. . . and my other pass time now is making fake rocks. You guessed it, for the reptiles!

Yeah, oh my God. I want some ackies now!!! How cute are they!!!!! Although I'm basically like that person. Although I need to convince my fiance. He's not really into my animals, and doesn't understand my love for them all. I don't have many and he thinks this is too many already. So this might be a hard one!

It always amazes me that people buy, and suggest to others that they buy, without actually seeing/holding the animal they are buying as a pet
A snake or a lizard will become as much a part of your life as a cat or dog
To chose a cat or dog you go and fing the one that "feels" best
If you want a pet you need to do the same thing
Buying breeding snakes etc is a totally different thing, but for a pet find one that you have empathy with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back