Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

malachi51

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Just curious, I know this has probably been done before (so shoot me) but I'm curious as to what everyone uses and their reasons behind it.
I haven't got my stimmie yet, but plan on just using paper for now while he's in his click clack, probably paper towel anyway, just for it's ease of cleaning and because it's cheap.

But what does everyone else use?
I'm not after a debate on what's better and why, just want to know what and your reasons, being it easier to clean, or cheaper, or looks better, or your snake prefers it, or whatever they may be (could be you got something from the tip coz you thought it looked good, even though you have no idea what it is.... LOL) Just wanna know:D
thanks

Kittys crumble. Cheap, aesthetically pleasing, clumping (easy to clean), odour eliminating and holds humidity well if you need it to.

news paper, cause i had an incident with kritters krumble. It doesnt look as nice but its cheap and easy to clean.

red desert sand from URS!!! easy clean up, aesthetically pleasing to the eye, looks neat and tidy, odour reducing and it goes with my theme

news paper, cause i had an incident with kritters krumble. It doesnt look as nice but its cheap and easy to clean.

I should note, I don't feed on it. Though it would be rare for it to cause impaction. Was that what your problem was Harley?

I should note, I don't feed on it. Though it would be rare for it to cause impaction. Was that what your problem was Harley?

no it wasnt that bad, my bhp got a bit sorta stuck in his eye, i know the eye caps are connected to the skin when they shed but it was pretty stuck somehow and i couldnt get it out, he ended up shedding and got it off, so i just dont want to take any chances of something worse happening lol

Newspaper. Easy. Cheap. Odourless. Sterile. Readily available.

Astro turf. Looks good, easy to clean, the bhp loves making tunnels under it.

Artifical grass easy to clean, slightly rough to aid in shedding plus there is an air gap between the snake and top pf the grass also looks good as it comes in grey brown blue and green

Filtered and screened shredded wood shavings, I get it put through a Autoclave at work to kill all bugs.Light colour shows up my Maccie better and absorbs odour

Artifical grass easy to clean, slightly rough to aid in shedding plus there is an air gap between the snake and top pf the grass also looks good as it comes in grey brown blue and green

what do you mean by air gap between the snake and the top of the grass? Do you take the whole piece of grass out to clean it or just spot clean?
Just curious :) it's interesting to see how many different types of substrate people use. Quite a big variety out there really!
Those that use wood shavings and bark, where do you get them from?

Marine carpet. Have a few pieces for each enclosure. Pull it out put a clean piece in then go wash the dirty ones

can you use a heat mat under artifical grass, i thought snake liked belly heat? Can you achieve a good set up with out a heat mat?

I use an artificial rock floor which is sloped to a central drain . Free once set up and looks great, no danger of ingestion.

I keep my mulga, adder, monitors and sandswimmers on sand, as they look awesome, and the rest on newspaper, as its easy to clean.

Aspen bedding, it absorbs liquids and odours, just need to spot clean with it and replace the lot every 3 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back