Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, intergrade, that word is nothing but trouble.

oh! yer i agree it can be. personally i like the look of alot of NATURAL intergrades, but there is so few for sale, and even if i was to actually get one i would be worried i would be paying for a cross.

The 'intergrades' everyone talks about are just a colour variant of M. Spilota, they are NOT natural hybrid, a hybrid is a hybrid, no matter where or how it occurs

as far as i knew, a intergrade was type of python that is found between two defined localities, where a hybrid, is a purposely crossed locality. is this not correct?

i thought intergrades ONLY occured naturally, and everything else is a hybrid.

A hybrid is simply a cross between two different things, whether in the wild or in a wooden box, intergarde simply means to change gradually or come together, the name was given to the form of carpet that is inbetween Coastals and Dimonds becasue it was similar to both, infact they got the name intergrades in Pythons of The World by the Barkers if I'm correct, it isn't an official term, I think it's a lot easier if we call them Port Mac Pythons, it saves a lot of confusion.

afro,- Its not on the books, it is wild and remaned so. Lovely little carpet thou.
Location- Ingham.

wish i had pythons crawling around my backyard. Hang on! There's one...Crickey!

I'll second that.
Junglemad, is that gorgeous Diamond male or female :?:

That little Ingham Carpet is a little beauty!

So what the consensus?
Is it a cheynei or a mcdowelli :?:

Junglemad's Diamond

Thanks Junglemad,

What a stunner! :)

She's one of the best looking Diamonds I've ever seen.

Beautiful yellow colouration & superb patterning. 8)

Cheers john

zen-it is a Mcdowelli. afro i hope u have some type of proof to back up what u said to accuse someone of that?

If it's from Ingham again i'd go with a jungle coastal intergrade, lovely little carpet for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back