Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coree2009

Reaction score
hey people,
i brought this python off a mate who brought it from a pet shop they sold it to him as a darwin ive had it for about 6 months and every herper i know says its a coastal now im not 100% sure as im still learning wether this is a darwin or a coastal any help would be great thanks
coree

c.jpg

a.jpg
h.jpg

looks like a coastal, but regardless, beautiful python u got there... well done!

thanks heapz guys i thought he was goin to die i couldnt get him to eat fr 3months but he finally started to eat im happy

i have herd so many stories of pet shops making errors like this. why is it so common. its not that hard to tell

it would prob be the person that sold it to the pet shop as most pet shops wouldnt know what they were looking at, but like everyone else has said it is a awsom python to have still

Why would you want to breed from it of you are unsure of its origins? IMO it looks to have a bit of bredli influence to it also
If you are unsure, dont just guess and get whatever snake comes closest to put over it!

Im not having a go, im asking a question mate. ;)

The markings do, Like i said IMO a little bredli influence...... settle down mate :)

I wouldn't be so quick to judge.... I can see why everyone screams coastal... i did on first impression... but after having a good look, and a think about it imo there's every chance this is a pure darwin with unusual patterns.....

The fact of the matter is that nobody here, or anywhere can tell you exactly what it is 100%

well beccs why shouldnt i breed with this python u tell since you know everything??? come on tell me reptile king

Because if you are unsure of its origins and you put a different snake over it you will create hybrids.for eg, like disasterpiece said, if its actually a darwin and you put a coastal over it you are creating darwin/coastal hybrids. Then what will you be selling them as? Coastals? Darwins? Possible Mixed Bags?
Why the hostility?
Now go ask everyone how they feel about hybrids mate :lol:

and thats why i put a post up here on aps to get a little closer on the python to find out wat it is and the way it going it looks like a coastal.
feel like your just haveing a dig at me im new too the herp world.
and just want to do thing the right way. if it turnd out to be a coastal or darwin and i got a partner why would that be so bad to breed. just because im a bit unsure why does that make it a hybrid. half the snakes out ther could be hybrids just because some1 tells u something doesnt mean its tru... if you catch my drift

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back