Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still say darwin.... Just more then the usual level of pattern..... joins up to look like a coastal....

But I do agree, could be any number of subspecies influencing this snake.

I say if you question it's origins, don't breed it.... That's it.... Cos nobody can tell you for certain what it is....

ill agree with alot of the posts. i can see darwin, coastal, bredli all in this snake. but im shaw if we look hard enough we can see whatever we want to. im not going to say if its some type of hybrid or not. either way its a nice looking snake. but unless you can be 100% sure of what it is, dont breed with it

I have coastals and darwins... and while I agree that it is impossible to tell exactly what it is simply by looking at it...

In my opinion, it doesn't have a trace of darwin, and it's a hands down coastal! :)

I do think, however, that if you can't be sure of a specimens origin, it should be kept as a pet, not as breeding stock... Just no point muddying the lines unintentionally...

Looks like a nice little python, enjoy!

matt86;1487738 I do think said:
I'm not trying to stir the pot, but a few people have said things like this lately. So does this mean , everybody that breeds any species of snake has to know exactly where their snakes came from or where the parents/grandparents came from?? Because if that is the case nearly everybody that has been breeding snakes here should stop. Seriously, how many people can honestly say that they know where there snakes originated from?

Coree2009, nice snake.

Last edited:
Where on Earth do you get bredli from. Looks nothing like a bredli imo.

In the first picture, look centre of it's body. and compare with this bredli http://www.freewebs.com/nickvelez/2005_1015_114235AA.jpg the redish brown scales with the browny black circles around the whitish cream circles. Bredli's also have very distinct mouths (and it's not very clear in that first picture) but it's bottom lip looks slightly like a bredli's. But at the same token it looks like a coastal around the neck and tail.

Just giving my 2 cents.

regardless its a great snake and will be exciting waiting till its older to see how he turns out

i think ill grow him up a bit and then sell him cheap to sum1
Why not keep him a a PET and get some BREEDERS if thats what you want snakes for.
If its only breeding that you want snakes for, you shouldn't have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back