Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK PEOPLE,

i am after preferably a trio (pair if u got them) of ackies. I am after good coluration, fairly tame, good feeders, and possibly proven breeders. These reptiles will be not only pets but also for breeding. If you have any or know anybody (an ad you saw etc.) please post it here or pm me whatever suits you.
thanks jeremy

The Breeder I'm getting My Ridge Tail off has them. He needs to sell of alot of his monitors as he's running out of room ( he's in the country, has 10 acres covered in reptile pits) He has pretty much every reptile you can own, but he is a friend and I dont think he's allowed to sell to the public, But I'll check. I think they were $380 from memory, the Ridge Tails $325.

Bellinda ridge tails are ackies. proper names:- scientific: Varanus acanthurus
proper name instead of ackie: Ocellate ridge tail monitor

Ohhhhh.....I DID Say I was a Newbie :) You learn by your mistakes. It must've been the Sand Monitor that was $380.....

$325 for ackies! you can do alot better than that, i sold some adults a while back for $250ea and they were nice animals.
Belinda legaly you can't buy womas unless your over 18 and have a class 2. Yes SA womas aren't much cheaper.
I must admire you though from my understanding you only just got your first snake and your already looking to the top order! Is your licence in your name your one of your parents? just wondering.
See how long it lasts when you hit 18 and start going to the pub, hehehe :)
Oh the money i would have if i didn't turn 18 :( na it was to much fun :D

belinda there is sumthan called a licencing system where u can only keep reptiles in ur licence classand womas arnt in urs. oh yeah ur ackies wont breed (or live) in an aviary in sydney

Yes belle you do have to do a bit more research before buying animals, ackies outside in sydney wouldn't be the best, i don't think they would be very good to keep outside anyway.

Go ackie! don't hold back :)

Stand back shes gonna blow! :lol:

I would be interested in buying Ackies in bulk from anyone who can supply them at a reasonable price & can fright them to W.A . I have all the appropriate permits & will pay all frieght costs.

Its all my fault that this thread has turned into another debate!
Hardly any one has actually posted what they will be breeding and some people are even breeding animals they don't actually have. I am interested in learning how to do this as it sounds like a good way to save money.
Anyway...I will try to wrench this thread back to the original topic.
I hope to breed Diamonds, Coastals and Waters this season.
I don't want to count my hatchlings before they hatch though.

I am breeding my v.baritji this season I have one possible female and a nother female coming my way soon :). Also in lovely Darwin I get to keep em in an aviary :D

I am looking for any reosnable offer to purches prooven breeders ....any pythons... But not much for sale lately.

I almost forgot, i'm also trying to breed boyds this season
if not be prepared for some cheap adults soon!!!!

OMG. I just went outside to check on my monitors and they were doing the deed...........I think :S. They are both supposed to be males but that was only a guess....

Well as for me this season I will be breeding mealworns and next season I hope to breed crickets. The breeding season sure is exciting at my place!

Don't be get your hopes up unless you know the exact sex. Males will mount other males. I've seen female ackies that think they are males and try and mount other females. :? moniers do have some pretty weird habits.

Like Whaa, i am breeding woodies, rats, mice, Guinea pigs and rabbits.
Hoping that my waters may come through with the good also.
Also have a Homo Sapiens who is Gravid but hatching is not expected till next year.
Ad, good luck with those boyd's, I'll be looking for some about August.

OK kewl noone I might get em to the vet this weekend to be xrayed or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back