Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I met up with member of this site (Christopher) and got 3 Amyae 2 female yearlings and a adult male.

Bucky they are some nice looking Darwins are they going to be for breeding in a couple of years

Put me down for 1 when you do. There was alot nice looking hatchies I would have loved to have bought about 20

Dropped by the expo this morning. I couldn't resist the temptation and bought another SR wheatbelt. The little guy is showing nice lighter areas in the centre of its blotches and should colour up into a good looking adult (fingers crossed).

Had the handbrake with me or I possibly would have left with more.

Cheers
Octane

I came.......I saw.......I left....without spending anything..................much

I left (my licence at home delibrately), I went (and enjoyed working out what I will buy in the future), I came (home with a full wallet), I will (learn from keeping my two snakes before buying more).

so what time where thay going to draw it today as thay havent rung me yet lol

Haha I think it was a mistake me bringing my licence because it made me want things MORE.. I had restraint and thought It wouldn't be good if I impulse bought so I'll do some research on the ideas I got and see whats happening at the next expo (hawksbury or easter show)

I went. I would have to say not a lot to choose from like last shows. Still good to see a fair few breeders getting behind the show. I didn't buy anything but my Daughter brought a Pygmy Bearded Dragon. I do have to say the GTP were tempting.

Im surprised that people think there wasn't much to choose from. I did expect today to be bigger than it was, but I still thought it was great, and had reasonable variety.

I made a point of asking every seller I talked to how things were selling, and most of them said a bit slow. Noone that I saw had sold out by 4pm when I left. So it wouldn't seem that just getting more sellers and animals there in order to get 'choice' (which I guess means variety) would work. Maybe it could, create a certain momentum and attract more people, make it worth while for more sellers. But the issue seems to be that it's up to individual sellers to decide to come, and what to bring for sale when they do. And since there are more beardie breeders than GTP breeders....

Last edited:
I think there was a lack of variety. Didn't really see anything special.
Pretty bummed I only got to meet a couple of APS people in person too :(

Only a couple of APS members introduced themselves there must have been more??? Hi to Reptilian kman. Sorry if I misspelled that haha. I enjoyed it and was tempted to buy some snakes but my wife opposed me. Bummer

I didn't see anyone with a name tag otherwise I would have said hi to people.

I think there was a lack of variety. Didn't really see anything special.
Pretty bummed I only got to meet a couple of APS people in person too :(

Pretty sure I saw you a few times...but I'm crap at introducing myself :p

I was there for a couple of hours...... when arrived at around 10:30 the place was packed and you couldn't get near the tables. Got a bit annoyed because alot of it was people that were there for a show and not to buy.

Still had a great day and my missus and I walked out with a couple. I picked up a Uluru Woma, and she got a Children's Ghost Python.

Cheers to the organisers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back