Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spotty

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi guys
i'm kinda bored so i'm just asking what was your first reptile???

I had a blue tongue as a kid for a while... he was pretty cool, then a stumpy not long after... DP was my 1st snake

had shingle back lizards living in the garden when i was growing up, but my first real pet reptile is my 2 EWD's (see sig pic) and i just picked up a new juvie MD this morning!

Two 4 month old Strophurus ciliaris (spiny tailed geckos), who are responsible for more than they realise, hehehe!!

blue tongue then beardeds then snakes.. its the only way to wean the olds into keeping reptiles

I had a few lizards (blue tongue's mainly) as a teenager before I knew about licences (SHHH, don't tell anyone, oops :shock: , this is a public forum isn't it :lol: ) but my first legal reptile was this male childreni, Buddy.

Mt isa childrens!!! Still got her to this day....

As a kid (we are talking 4 - 5 years old here) in WA, I used to 'rescue' bobtails and bring them home to de-tick them. The ticks would be everywhere and I spent many hours picking ticks off and killing the little bloodsuckers.

Later, I was rehabbing local lizards and releasing.

It wasn't until I moved to QLD, just before the WA laws changed, that I got my first legal herp. That would be Cleopatra, a local Brisbane carpet python and still the Grande Dame here today. :)

my first is my coastal carpet, so far he is my only, i grew up in a small town that was mostly bush so we had a 'pet' bluetongue who lived in the garden :D

Awww aren't you sweet de-ticking them all! Good onya Wrasse! :wink:
You must have been a pretty switched on little taka

Wrasse said:
As a kid (we are talking 4 - 5 years old here) in WA, I used to 'rescue' bobtails and bring them home to de-tick them. The ticks would be everywhere and I spent many hours picking ticks off and killing the little bloodsuckers.

Later, I was rehabbing local lizards and releasing.

It wasn't until I moved to QLD, just before the WA laws changed, that I got my first legal herp. That would be Cleopatra, a local Brisbane carpet python and still the Grande Dame here today. :)

I lived in the Country for a while and had Bluetoungs as a kid, alot of people seem to have done this (before laws and such)

I now have my mac, he is my first snake, and I am planning on one more (prob stimsoni)

I have been looking at the geckos and dragons too!!!

How does this become such an addiction???????? hehehehe

MIne was a Blonde Mac still have her and now have two f/male Bredli

Cheers Frank

2 beardies for me, quickly followed by thicktail & knobtail gecko's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back