Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainbow-Serpent

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone :) Hope you all had a lovely Easter;)

Please share the story for your first snake bite and what it was delivered by etc :)

My first and only (and last hopefully!) was by a diamond python i had a while ago. He was only a little bloke, about 70cm. He was due for a feed and i put my hand just a bit to close while changing his water. He didnt get a good grip but got me a beauty on the knuckle of my index finger. Bled a fair bit too ha ha. Happy Easter!

Mine was when I went to buy my little jungle, I had like a holding test, and he didnt bite, I was a little bit scared because I'd never had a snake bite me before, but all went well until I went to put him back in the clickclack, when I was putting him down he turned around and bit me twice really quickly :lol:

ive been bitten by a little whip snake, and striked at by copper heads,rbb,tigers & browns
nilly stood on a copper head a few weeks ago.:shock:

mine was from a 1.5m angry jungle. she got me around my thumb leaving teeth in me so i knew about it for the next 2 or 3 weeks till i finally got all the teeth out

mine was from a yearling bredli, i was holding her in my right hand while waving my left hand in front of her face (while she was prepped for a strike) as i was just saying to people "this is what NOT to do" BAM. point made, she got me on the thumb. hehe

mine was when i went to buy my first snake, they guy was showing me that being bitten wasent that scary, so i was told to stick my hand in a click clack with a hungry spotted. it made me jump a bit :oops:. but now i have a grumpy coastal so being bitten is second nature to me now ;)

First bitten by an albino snake (not sure of type) in Japan a LONG time ago. I was four years old and being the typical 4 year old, picked up anything that moved. :)

It was a teeny tiny coastal carpet hatchling. I'm talking miniscule. So of course, being the big tough bruiser I am, I squealed like a stuck pig, flung my hand out and sent the poor thing flying across the room, where thankfully it managed to hook itself around some phone lines hanging down from the wall and suffered no damage. Not so for myself, who suffered a savagely bruised ego and a wound to my pride so deep that I've scarce recovered. To this day while I'm happy to snuggle up to a 17ft long scrubby, I regard all hatchlings as the spawns of satan they are.

my cranky spotty, 2nd was Jewly's bredli..man that thing can draw blood! :)

The first bite i got was from a tiny blond spotted with a bad temper i just had to move my finger and he would bite. was pretty funny.

The first bite from my own snake was a 1.3 m coastal roughly. my sister came down and was eating some chicken and giving the dogs some and she asked me to get him out so i opened his cage, picked him up was placid all of a sudden he latched on to my thumb and constricted around my arm. all i can think of is that he could smell the food and went into a sort of food mode. only my dad seen him bite me so my sister's,mum and my sisters fiance all thought i was lying untill i turned around with blood running down my hand. he stayed on for a minutes or so.

Mine was from an angry adult childreni. You only had to look at his enclosure and he'd try and bite lol.

It was a teeny tiny coastal carpet hatchling. I'm talking miniscule. So of course, being the big tough bruiser I am, I squealed like a stuck pig, flung my hand out and sent the poor thing flying across the room, where thankfully it managed to hook itself around some phone lines hanging down from the wall and suffered no damage. Not so for myself, who suffered a savagely bruised ego and a wound to my pride so deep that I've scarce recovered. To this day while I'm happy to snuggle up to a 17ft long scrubby, I regard all hatchlings as the spawns of satan they are.

:lol: haha Kersten...

Mine was from a 7month old bredli...the second one was on the face :lol:

My most embarrassing bites were from the Aspidites family. One of my BHPs gave me a kiss on the hand and one of my womas decided to have a taste of my finger. I don't think there was a drop of blood from either - how embarrassing ;)

Attachments

• 100_1299.jpg
    100_1299.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 92
  • womabite2.jpg
    womabite2.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 83
My most embarrassing bites were from the Aspidites family. One of my BHPs gave me a kiss on the hand and one of my womas decided to have a taste of my finger. I don't think there was more than a drop of blood from either - how embarrassing ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back