Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my very first bit was from a 7 foot water python.....i was feeding it...i threw the rat in and usualy she would go straight for the rat but this time she ignored the rat and started to come out of the enclosure...so stupid me..not knowing much about snakes during feeding ...put my hand just behind her head to guide her back into the enclosure...as soon as she got back in i let go and started to pull my hand away...she must have gotten a whiff of the rat and turned and grabbed my hand...it hurt really bad.....i had teeth left in my hand and i got a small scar from it also.....
it was my own stupid fault....only had small bites since then

my first bite happened a long time before i got into snakes... i was working at a place called carnarvon gorge which was a nature resort in central queensland. i had driven back to the staff living area after being out pig hunting with with some of the locals guys. I was wearing shorts and hiking boots at the time and had taken 2 steps out of the car when I stood on a "bandi bandi". It latched onto my leg and bit down hard. My first reaction was to grab him and rip him off my leg. Poor litte guy must have lost both of his teeth (as they were later removed from my leg by a nurse at the local hospital). I then remembered someone telling me to catch a snake after its bitten you so they can be identified and an appropriate anti-venom can be given. So next a comical scene of me chasing about this poor little terrified snake ensued until i finally caught him, put him in a pillow case, jumped in to a car and headed to hospital. We were in remote central queensland and the closest hospital was in Emerald, about 2 hours away. The whole time I was freaking out, waiting for the pain, or death to set in. We arrived at the hospital at about 1am, the local snake expert was summoned (from his sleep most likely) and was there within 5 minutes. He carefully looked inside the bag smiled and pulled out the little snake. He seemed more concerned for the snake than me, and after smiling and handling the snake for a few seconds he assured me bandi bandis are only very mildy venomous and not dangerous to humans. He then joked that I was lucky to have even seen one let alone be bitten by one as they are extremely rare and hard to spot. I reckon he was excited to have one to add to his collection at home (just quietly). And that was my first snake bite - from an elapid too, luckily not one of the deadly ones!

I got y first bite from an angry jungle hatching the other day. I was at the breeders house looking to buy one and asked how much it would hurt to get bitten by one. So he said make it bite you which it did. I have had my baby Olive for months and I think I would have more chance of getting pregnant than get bitten from him.

Jason

Childrens Python that decided my finger smelt like food:)
No blood, or pain, I was laughing saying "Yay! I've finally been bitten! Well kissed really..."

not a very good thread to start, just when your tring to convince your mum and grandma pythons are OK :lol::lol::lol:

mine was from a 10mth old MD
Hehehe, I talked to mum about an hour ago and she said she'd never give him away without my permission because he was my birthday present :D

my cranky spotty, 2nd was Jewly's bredli..man that thing can draw blood! :)

He must have thought you tasted alright seeing as he took a 2nd chomp on your arm. :lol:

My first bite was from my Childrens Python. I reached into her enclosure with a rat in my hand but I couldn't see her, and I thought she must have been in her hide, so I put the rat down and reached back in to lift the hide off her and wham, she got me. I didn't see her bite me and barely felt it but I had two tiny spots of blood on my finger.

snake bit

mine was a year old spotted python it scared the daylights out of me lol
now it is just funny to think about it i was only 12!!!!:?

My new little stimson Kaiser who i've only had for about 2ish weeks has struck and 'bitten' me three times... None of those times I felt anything. Except the third time cause I was pretty sure he was attempting to eat me. But I got my boyfriend today to feed him and he reached in to grab my little Kaiser and he struck and bit him! Big sook yelled 'ow' and was cursing for a little while. Only battle wounds were two tiny pricks on his finger. He described it as 'two pins going into my flesh'

9 foot olive got me on the back of my neck , she is now 13.5 foot and i wish she would bite me once in a while lays around like a stuffed **** all the time

mine from an 8 month old BHP,

i was cleaning his enclosure and he was in a bit of a food frenzy had him in my hand and he lined it up and chomped my pinkie... refused to get off after water treatment etc he continued and made it to my knuckle then he gave up...

hurt... alot

Ha Ha Ha awww... my first snake bite :D

The story goes -- my brother was up for a visit from NSW and he had never seen a snake eat before and Savanna (My female MD) was due for a feeding so i offered to get a rat ready so he might watch her down it :) So i got the rat thawed and all ready to go and made sure he was ready to watch. He said he was right to go and so i took the rat into Savanna and waited for him to turn up. Things got a little silly right here ^_^ as i was waiting for him for what seemed to be an awfully long "couple of seconds" i went and saw what he was doing, all the while Savanna smelt the rat and was keen as mustard to get the show on the road. He was showing my father his newly purchased samurai sword... as if that couldn't wait of something. So i went back in to get ready as he said he'd be in to watch in a second and started to put the sword away. When i got back in Savanna had gotten on the edge of her enclosure and was intently waiting for the foodening to begin. I waited a couple more seconds for him to turn up and in those few seconds i thought i saw a mark on her and lent in to get a better look... She smelt food, felt heat and thought it was a good enough sign that what was coming towards her was food... it wasnt... it was my nose... She got me right on the tip of my nose and it scared the hell out of me.

Of course it was all over by the time i realised what had happened but, when i did, i freaked out just a little bit and went straight to the mirror to see what damage was done. When this happened she was far smaller than she is now so only a couple of droplets of blood was the result but yeah... it was the shock of it more than anything. I laugh heartily about it now

The most important thing though is that she got her rat and was a happily fed little lady

The second and last time she got me (so far) was another food type incident. I was on my lunch break and i noticed something in her enclosure so i went and washed my hands thoroughly and went in to investigate. I obviously still smelt a little of something she thought might be tasty ^_^ It was another grab and release job but this one had a little more than a couple of droplets of blood as a result.

Bitten_01.jpg

bitten_02.jpg

Last edited:
I hope you didn't lose too much blood there ;)...LOL.:lol:

After that, my story is so boring! :? I went to the reptile breeders over a year ago, to select a MD hatchie and was nervous about being bitten. Because I had never experienced a bite I was so jittery and hesitant :shock:. I decided to get a little hatchie to bite so I could get over it and get my mind onto selecting my own snake. Luckily for me I didn't have to wait long as the first hatchie I came across was a rare psycho Murray Darling that struck out at everything. After being bitten and finding out that bites were over rated (from hatchies), I left the poor thing to calm down. (Thinking back and knowing more about them now, I think it was very hungry and a bit annoyed that it hadn't been fed yet)

I later was tagged by a 1 and half year old MD and that too only left tiny pin pricks of blood. :rolleyes:

I was then able to select my lovely placid MD :D without the fear of being tagged as I knew what to expect. I don't know what the larger bite would be like but I can get some idea from seeing their teeth and the 'horror stories' on APS....lots of blood from rather small wounds. Hopefully my 'petal' will continue to be wussy/lazy and wont bother to bite me as he gets bigger! :lol:

jan 2007.
front yard, 8pm looking through telescope.
felt a bite, never saw the culprit (was very bushy and dark)

subsequent stay in Cairns Base hospital on ecg machine and quite concerned doctors.

they recon a juvenile brown or black ? just giving a warning snap ? how they figured all that I dont know, maybe just a guess to fill the blanks on their reports? I dunno, I was just the bloke on the bed with 2 holes in me leg.

plenty of chest pains around 11pm tho and a real headache at the back of the skull.

this probably made me a little intolerant, but since joining here I have a new appreciation for the fellas. Dont think I'm ready for another bite just yet tho, I'll just listen to your ordeals instead :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back