Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's one of new addition, Asmo.
He's from crocdoc's clutch that hatched july 4th.
238.jpg

Edit- Forgot to mention he's a Lacie

Last edited:
Great new addition!, i was lucky enough to get 2 lacies of David about 3 years ago.... they are and have remained my favourate animals in my collection and i spend the most time with and it all has payed of...

Cheers Shane, if thats one of them you posted a pic of at the top of the page, hes stunning!, and great shot getting the flick!

nice monitors everyone, keep the pics coming.
these little guys are getting brighter and brighter.

042.JPG059.JPG028.JPG

Talking about travelling interstate we are looking forward to catching up with you at the VHS meeting (in Melbourne) on September 21. I guess bringing some of these guys with you as part of your "show and tell" is out of the question.

(BTW VHS meetings are open to all with a small cover charge for non members.)

A few days ago I snapped some photographs of a young monitor I was sending interstate. This is three weeks' growth, photographed in the same container for scale:
137269210.jpg

Aside from the growth spurt, they really seem to colour up in those first few weeks. Check out how yellow this one turned out to be after a few weeks. The photograph doesn't really show how bright the yellow is. This photo comparison is not to scale.
137269209.jpg

A shot that shows the colour a bit better.
137269543.jpg

I some a few lacy pictures to add. All wild fellas. Very hard to get close up shots as they run off so quickly. But my husband has mentioned buying me a new zoom lens for my new camera which will be awesome :D
Hat Head National Park
019.jpg

Point Perpendicular - Dunbogan
054.jpg

039.jpg

Mariah National Park - Kempsey
P1050263.jpg

Kempsey Racetrack
006-1.jpg

And my Sleeping Beauty - Rescue from Hat Head National Park
002-3.jpg

Great shots of a wild lacies that first one is huge a 300-500 zoom lens works well I nwvwe see my lacie curled up like that just my snakes

Interesting that you saw two Bell's phase lacies. There are only a couple of spots along the coast where Bell's phase are normally seen. What happened to the rescue, hit by a car or taken by a cat?

Interesting that you saw two Bell's phase lacies. There are only a couple of spots along the coast where Bell's phase are normally seen. What happened to the rescue, hit by a car or taken by a cat?

The bells lacies are quite popular around here. See them as often as the normal ones. He was on the road so I presume he was clipped by a car. He was bleeding from the mouth so wasn't sure if he has brain damage but he also has a small graze on his jaw, too. He still hasn't lifted his head up but he has slepted curled up like in the photo above for the past 3 days. I haven't disturbed him.

Hi Kathy, I just saw your other thread with that little rescued lacie in there and wanted to say good on you for taking care of it.

I was just wondering though, as you said you haven't disturbed it, are you sure it's alive? Does it open its eyes when you enter the room or move etc?

Also, what is the temperature in that enclosure?

Back