Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not an overly exciting photo. But it was nice to find something like this over the weekend. Especially considering how much it rained on Saturday. A little burst of sunlight....and out came those little hidden treasures :p :D :lol: I was finding Blue Tongues with the kids, but then spotted this little tiger.

Loving the other photos in this thread!

IMG_3236.jpg

, nice find moosenoose :)
heres a few "black snakes" ;)

Attachments

• blackyb - Copy.JPG
    blackyb - Copy.JPG
    191.6 KB · Views: 117
  • SDC10634.jpg
    SDC10634.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 134
  • SDC10703.jpg
    SDC10703.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1503.JPG
    IMG_1503.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 100
coastal growth

I am amazed at the growth rate of this female coastal. She is not yet two years old and although she has a very good appetite she has never been power fed.
Please excuse the phone pics.

Attachments

• 20111129_183622.jpg
    20111129_183622.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 228
  • 20111129_183618.jpg
    20111129_183618.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 205
G'day Baxtor,

They have phenomenal growth rates - we have pumped them up to 2.1 metres in 12 months before.

Couple of new Northerns.

Attachments

• DSC_6955.jpg
    DSC_6955.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC_6901.jpg
    DSC_6901.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC_6925.jpg
    DSC_6925.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
None - the animals we did that to are now approaching 8 years old and going strong. If they weren't biologically geared towards those sort of growth rates, they would be unachievable.

My blue belly gave up her eggs today. 12 good eggs so far.
Just getting started in the pic.
Finished with 15 eggs, all good

Attachments

• blue eggs(Large).jpg
    blue eggs(Large).jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
My pair of Dajarra's taken a few years back. Bred them two years running, 18 and 26 young, no slugs all fed readily by teasing them with pinkies. Probably the easiest animals to keep ever - provided you don't get you hands anywhere close!

She was a very big girl who could take sizeable rats. He's not a bad size either - just dwarfed by her!

MatingDajarrasa20_10_06.jpg

...and the result!

Dajarras_25_04_2007.jpg

By the way...I'd love to hear from anyone who has a female Stephens Banded Snake excess to their needs....

Last edited:
By the way...I'd love to hear from anyone who has a female Stephens Banded Snake excess to their needs....

Nice adders there Hoplophile

I'm pretty sure Roy Pails from Pails for Scales has a Stephen's on his website for sale.

I remember those photo's, Hoplophile. I sold my pair, along with about 50 other Adders about two years ago...now I wish I didn't.

Yeah they were great snakes Jonno. At the time my wife and I had a baby and I decided to get rid of highly venomous species. He's four and a half now and never goes into my (locked) reptile room so I am just getting back into elapids. Latest acquisition is a pair of South Australian (Smoky Bay) A.antarcticus. Last time I had them was 1975! Great snakes...not flashy like Dajarras...subtle greys and browns. Hope to breed these down the track. On the lookout for a female Stephens and a pair of Central Australian form A.pyrrhus - captive bred preferably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back