Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Brand Spanker

Some great enclosures...all, especially the Perspex outdoor, i've put some though into a suitable roof for it... i'm about to dismantle a few cages soon so i thought i'd post a few pics first....mostly how the larger snakes are housed...

I like the fronts of the inclosures Indicus. Looks nice and easy to build
What is it ? perspex with surround ?

Designed and built by D. Williams, Austoxin Australia, for use in PNG. Simple ply construction, inner wall can come out to create one larger enclosure..... Glass front, alloy surrounds... Fronts lift out great for cleaning and usefull for elapids or large pythons.

dam great enclosures there tremaine i love the look of them all, now just show us some more pics of the animals that inhabit them please???? :)

Yeah you can tell it's my first digital camera, been a bit trigger happy lately.......Don't want to bore everyone Ricko :wink:

Not mine I confess but advertised on ebay in the UK. This is a real fantasy reptile wonderland. Looks like it should be full of fairies rather than herps.

ebay16qg.jpg
[/URL]

[/img]

ebay38tu.jpg
[/URL]

[/img]http://www.imageshack.us]
ebay45nf.jpg
[/URL]

It must be hell to clean.

ebay59zj.jpg
[/URL]

[/img]

Very nice as a display piece but would take a month of Sundays to clean depending what you kept in it.With a bit of thought i reckon that'd make an excellent boyds enclosure,or one for beardeds of every colour there is reds,yellows,whites etc would look great!!!

It looks like a level out of Sonic the Hedgehog or somthing....

oh no!!!!i think i'm having a flashback,off with the pixies in fairyland with those funny little mushrooms everywhere.....did i see a big clam.....ooo wonder what variety that one is :roll: :eek: :shock:

Nice unit bredli,just a word of warning, i''d put some cages around those lights as it looks like they're python enclosures and they'd reach those lights easily.....you don't want a baked snake!!!

Heres a small unit, for scalaris..made from a packing crate, and two old window frames.. will go well with Bredli's and mooses, enclosures....how about it you two? :)

BROWNS said:
Nice unit bredli,just a word of warning, i''d put some cages around those lights as it looks like they're python enclosures and they'd reach those lights easily.....you don't want a baked snake!!!

I had cages around the bulbs and they heated up as hot as the bulb did. So I don't use them and I have never had a problem.

Here is my shingleback cage that a made, it was my first proper cage,

P1010229.jpg

That's basically all you need to do ether,suss out your heat source and a bit of a nice wooden frame around the enclosure along with cage furnishings and your done.....can be done with pine,mdf,melamine etc perspex or glass.
I had cages around the bulbs and they heated up as hot as the bulb did. So I don't use them and I have never had a problem.
Fair enough but the cages if you get the right ones shouldn't ever get as hot as the globe itself ,and i've heard and know of a few people who don't use cages and they've never had a problem either"till just recently".Look after your snakes the way you want,what works for one person may not for others and we all have differences in the way we keep our animals but don't go getting all shirty when in 6 months,a year or 2 one of your prized specimens got burnt!!!

Mooseman that enclosure is fit for a king and that Darwin looks like it's growing quickly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back