Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
when i say they are interesting im refering o the xtreme hybrids, i do think jungle x diamonds, carpet x jungles, bredli x carpets are a watse of time and will just produce uninteresting drab animals and no COOP im not having a shot just a personal opinion.

Some of the hybrids I have seen on one particular US site look terrible, They keep crossing and crossing until you can't tell what the hell they are supposed to be. I am sure that there are Australians who are performing the same frankensnake experiments on the low. I guess if we could pick up GTP's for a few hundred bucks there would be plenty of similar animals "accidentaly bred" in Australia...

imagen what a RSPxGTP would look like? im not condoning this but it would be an interesting and unusual animal ;)

I remember seeing an Ad on one of the aussie site for Roughy cross GTP a while back selling for 10K each.
Not sure if it was a hoax, anyone here can confirm that???:) All I know is that the breeder(Seller) did not have a good name:)

Not a big fan of crosses myself but this carpondros as babies are very interesting indeed.
Would love to see more baby pics;)

Leigh

i was joking bout the cross breed, didnt really get any bites though lol

I guess I will never understand why someone would want to cross a carpet with a chondro, then again each to their own it seems... all I know is that although some of those snakes are nice specimens, I definetly prefer the pure GTPs, nice beautiful greens :D

Especially over that blackish looking specimen pictured previously :shock:

Owzi,
If you are going to bash pics of folks snakes, the least you could do is give credit to the hybridizers! :lol:
I would have happily shared my pics with this forum, regardless of opinions, if I were asked. But you took it upon yourself to steal the pics and use them to create the Aussie "American hybrid basher" thread. Congrats...you must feel good about yourself.

I understand hybrids are not for everyone. But then again, I hate country music so I just change the channel/station. Maybe you need to do the same if you don't like hybrids...just don't look.

-Yasser (a hybridizing Yank)

Hehe, my first post here and I'm really feeling the love.:evil:

I reel alright. Dont think i was "bashing", hybrids are not for me, but its interesting to see where the hobby is heading so i brought it to some peoples attention. Photos are taken off the internet all the time arent they? Bit of exta advertising??

Owzi,
If you are going to bash pics of folks snakes, the least you could do is give credit to the hybridizers! :lol:
I would have happily shared my pics with this forum, regardless of opinions, if I were asked. But you took it upon yourself to steal the pics and use them to create the Aussie "American hybrid basher" thread. Congrats...you must feel good about yourself.

I understand hybrids are not for everyone. But then again, I hate country music so I just change the channel/station. Maybe you need to do the same if you don't like hybrids...just don't look.

-Yasser (a hybridizing Yank)

Hehe, my first post here and I'm really feeling the love.:evil:

LMAO Welcome to the forum Yasser, i for one love your site...
Cheers
scott

PS Those pics Joel posted are absolutely stunning animals.....I don't know how anyone who is into the hobby can't appreciate those animals...

hybrids - crosses

l agree with YASSER if you don't like the show change the channel why go on and get caustic about it....say something pleasant, or turn and walk away...cheers solar 17 [baden]

Awesome aniamls posted Joel!

Hybrid lovers or haters thread again.....

Some purist's go off at the future of the hobby, not sure why? Locale specific animals will always be available and as far as people being 'ripped off' when they purchace a thought to be pure animal, this will play into locale purist breeders favour. The burnt customer will chase up a reputable breeder and become loyal?! Don't get me wrong, I hate to see new keepers getting burnt but it's all part of a learning curve. You cop it sweet, find a trusted keeper that breeds your prefered species and all's cool. If people that want locale specific animals do a background check on the breeder all will be fine (most of the time). There are alot of keepers out there that love both locale specific and designer animals so both will be of abundance......

I also think that Australia will follow the Yanks in the designer snakes which doesn't bother me that much if it is left up to the expierenced snake breeders who would breed for a specific trait and know what they are doing. What does worry me is the inexpierenced breeders just mixing this with that with no real goal in sight. JMO.

Top point Troy. Hybridizing for a specific goal (50% diamond/jungle jag), tops! Hybridizing for the hell of it (coastal/bredli, stimsoni/ mac), freezer job.....

I'd better edit with JMO;)

Top point Troy. Hybridizing for a specific goal (50% diamond/jungle jag), tops! Hybridizing for the hell of it (coastal/bredli, stimsoni/ mac), freezer job.....

I'd better edit with JMO;)

Exactly.....

Yes I couldn't agree more, don't just do it for the sake of it.

Welcome Yasser, don't be put off though.

while i wouldnt cross them myself, i think some of those snakes look pretty awesome!!!

Exactly, it doesn't matter if you want to own them or breed them yourself, just appreciate them for what they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back