Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on Boa.
I think a lot of people don't realise the amount of time,thought and work that has gone into producing some of those Hybrids.

With some of the traits they have in the orelia complex overseas such as zebras,granites,tigerss,jags etc etc why not cross them,they produce some stunning animals you have to admit and all the purist stuff is a load of crap.Many people saying they'd prefer a pure green etc have they even seen a pure green?Most of the greens in the hobby in Australia are crosses and or hybrids anyway!!!

I wish you lot wouldn't keep introducing facts into these threads :lol:

Most of the greens in the hobby in Australia are crosses and or hybrids?? Crosses of different locates yes, hybrids?? Not that ive seen. I agree some animals look interestingish... but i just dont think its natural. & as far as i can tell (correct me if im wrong) carpondros X carpondros dont produce fertile eggs? Maybe mother nature is speaking up. If i offended anyone by starting this thread i apologise, just thought of it as news to the Aussies on here.

Also crossing albiwith md's could result in what many people are striving to breed or would love to have which could be a snow carpet being all white no yellow at all,who knows but i'd say that the result just may be pretty close or you could try albino cross bw jungle which may produce something similar.There's enough morphs or traits to work with in Darwins as it is at the momen,hypo,striped,melanistic,ghost so there's also a lot to work with still keeping it pure so to speak however everyone who breeds and says they are strict purists i still say is a load of crap as they're still playing god in their own little snake breeding setup putting the best looking animal across the best looking of the opposite sex to get the best looking offspring they can which are still pure so to speak but selectively bred which isn't really keeping it pure now is it???

Owzi,the carprondos have been around for ages and are old news.Now the carpet crossed with the green must have been fertile in the simple fact that they bred and produced offspring,why would crossing the offspring with each other make any difference??

Now, now.... don't be logical. Can't have people using logic in these here parts.

It is also worth bearing in mind that there may well be wild GTP/Carpet intergrades.

yeah not really my cup of tea so i choose not to search them out

dont get me wrong some of the pics i have seen on here look great some look ****e as well but each to there own i spoze

probably the only thing i wanna see is a cross between a woma and a blackhead

now befor everyone losses the plot at me for that last comment i have never and would never do it myself (i have both species and take alot of pride in my animals) and nor would i want to own one but at some stage im sure someone will do it and i for one would be interested in seeing it

I also have wondered what a woma x blackhead would look like, but then i think it would just look like a duller blackhead, cos there patterns are pretty much the same anyways, and i think the darker colour of the BHP would be dominant, so they are better as they are seperated i rekon....

Why would you want to see a cross between such similar species?About all that would change is the colour of the head,if you want to see results of a cross at least think of something that would have desirable offspring totally different than the parents.The bredli x carpet has been done and they're nothing special to look at.

Maybe a high yellow black and gold x reduced pattern proserpine at least there may be something special come from a cross like that???

i searched for woma x blackheadded, nothing came up, but i did find these:

http://www.newenglandreptile.com/ball_woma.html
http://www.newenglandreptile.com/nerd/index.php/ball-pythons/woma-lesser-platinum-lemon-pastel.html

Not sure on the genetics of them.

Mods, i apologise if im not allowed to use the links, please remove them if theyre not allowed.

Interestingly, i also found these posts on another forum (not australian)

So here is the growing Python Hybrid list:
P.regius x P.anchietae -> viable cross
P.regius x P. Curtus or breitensteini or brongersmai (all?) -> viable cross
P.reticulatus x P.molurus bivittatus -> viable cross
P.molurus bivittatus x P.sebae -> viable cross, albinism compatible!
P.regius x Aspidites ramsayi -> viable cross (NERD 2006)
Morelia spilota x Aspidites ramsayi -> viable cross (NERD 2006)
Morelia spilota cheynei x Liasis mackloti mackloti -> viable cross (NERD 2006)
Morelia spilota cheynei x Morelia viridis
So I guess the question of L. Mackloti x P. Regius is still up in the air!

You know what would be really sweet, if you posted that list using common names for the people on here that are below average with latin names

So here is the growing Python Hybrid list in the common language:
Ball x Angolan
Ball x Short-tails (Borneo and Sumatra)
Reticulated x Burmese
Burmese x Rock
Ball x Woma
Carpet x Woma
Jungle Carpet x Macklot's
Coastal Carpet x Macklot's
Jungle Carpet x Green Tree (Chondros)
Irian Jaya Carpet x Green Tree (Chondros)

Last edited:
Wow... amazing website.. i see Jungles are in fact the result of natural crossing between Carpets
and Chondros;....... amazing... !!! i mean if Americans say so, it must be true right?

What a joke :)

Becs. Joseph Mengler would have been proud of them obscenities.:(

i searched for woma x blackheadded, nothing came up, but i did find these:

http://www.newenglandreptile.com/ball_woma.html
http://www.newenglandreptile.com/nerd/index.php/ball-pythons/woma-lesser-platinum-lemon-pastel.html

Not sure on the genetics of them.

Mods, i apologise if im not allowed to use the links, please remove them if theyre not allowed.

Interestingly, i also found these posts on another forum (not australian)

Interesting statement I must admit, where does it say that ?

Wow... amazing website.. i see Jungles are in fact the result of natural crossing between Carpets
and Chondros;....... amazing... !!!

Browns.... can you please explain further how a md x albino, or B&W jungle x albino darwin would create a snow..... sounds very interesting.

Here Here! I agree, I think it's an inevitable future and I think some of the morph in the US are absolutely stunning! If it's done responsibly and buyers know exactly what they're getting I think it's fine. Where have all our 'pure' species come from over the last few million years anyway? I can appreciate a beautiful snake for exactly that. As long as it's healthy - something that isn't a given from 'pure' breeders either!

I also think that Australia will follow the Yanks in the designer snakes which doesn't bother me that much if it is left up to the expierenced snake breeders who would breed for a specific trait and know what they are doing. What does worry me is the inexpierenced breeders just mixing this with that with no real goal in sight. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back