Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cracksinthepitch

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Another snake/reptile burglary in melbourne overnight. Victorian Reptiles in Hoppers Crossing was raided by theives. A vehicle was used to crash thru a roller door and several lizards were stolen as well as an adult Bredli. Note to crims hope you smiled as the cameras in the shop and around the complex have your faces and your Rav 4...

There is the possibility that a large diamond inflicted a substantial wound on the face of a theif, as she was found with a dislocated jaw and was located high up . She has a rep of being aggressive so hopefully she got one of em, mind you this isnt confirmed yet..

well not good that this has happened yet again.
hope 1 or all the thiefs got the feel of a few good bites
we hope they think twice next time and decide that its not worth being bitten
glad you found the snake pitty about the lizards

well not good that this has happened yet again.
hope 1 or all the thiefs got the feel of a few good bites
we hope they think twice next time and decide that its not worth being bitten
glad you found the snake pitty about the lizards

Sorry, they took the bredli but left the diamond.

Thats terrible news! :(
Matt is dedicated to his customers & a top bloke.
Hope their caught & punished severely!!

One of the things I had to promise when I was in SA, was that I would keep the location of the snakes I saw a secret, particularly one beauty. I would hate to be responsible for giving out information that would lead to such a terrible thing happening. Breeders and owners have to guard their reps so closely.

:evil::evil: Low life's ******** Security is a must nowdays...makes me so angry. Hope they get what they deserve, and ya get your animals back...and named & shamed.:evil:

My god is melbourne central reptile theft area... Some of my mates don't keep theirs locked up and only in tubs and I think they are crazy hope you or police catch those mindless idiots.

Sorry to hear the bad news good luck catching them. hope the diamond got them good

how many guys where there in the robbery?

This is one of the reasons we are pushing the DSE to change their rules about sales, currently it must be done from a licensed premises, we also have to write down the address of the person involved in the sales, so no privacy at all. That means having people come round to look at the animals, if you have other reptiles or good that people what, potential buyers have actually been casing the place. Sorry to hear about this Matt, its just not good enough....I hope they catch up with them.....

BARSTARDS!! I hope that female diamond wasnt the gravid one I am due to get a hatchy from in a few months!! There was also a break in at a reptile store here in Geelong 2 weeks ago, bloody amatures took a $300 coastal carpet and left 4 BHP's there!!!

This is one of the reasons we are pushing the DSE to change their rules about sales, currently it must be done from a licensed premises, we also have to write down the address of the person involved in the sales, so no privacy at all. That means having people come round to look at the animals, if you have other reptiles or good that people what, potential buyers have actually been casing the place. Sorry to hear about this Matt, its just not good enough....I hope they catch up with them.....
I dont know if i agree with that tho. Why should a reptile store have access to my personal information. You get the licence numbers, its then up to the dse or the police to chase up the matters and information after a theft. Thats if thats an avenue they wish to persue.....

currently the store must obtain your home address for every transaction made, either purchase from you or when you purchase....so under Vic permits you must give out your private adress, something that must be changed.

Thats disgusting. what scum. i hope the camera footage is clear enough to get a positive ID on these idiots!

thats sad to hear, Matt and his team are good people, who work very hard to earn a living and establish and maintain a profitable small business, i wish him and his team all the best

It appears that (me speculating) they are non reptile people in all the recent thefts, brendo which shop in G-town, Sunshine was a smash and grab and only a couple of cheap snakes,pet goods direct only 1 snake, and at Matts they made a hell of a mess for a couple of lizards and 1 snake(Bredls)
In and out straight to the pub for a quick sale

i know a guy who just puts his PO box as the address on his licence transactions.
Parks and wildlife whinged to him about it, but shut up when he said he had thousands of dollars worth at his house and didnt want to give out his address.

Its a bad thing when one can't have something so desirable and not have some other stupid twit try (or succeed) to take it away. They should do what they do in other countries, for theft, fingers are cut off, or something like that! May be a deterrent!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back