Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BROWNS

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Many of you may have seen this before but for those who haven't here's the Carprondo"chondro x jungle"....Personally i think it's a stunning looking snake but i think it's taking crossbreeding way too far!!!

I think if you get a better view of the head you'd see it couldn't be a jungle.Here's a couple of pics as a hatchy...

Must admit that I am so dead against the principles behind this particular cross so I am in agreement with you Browns but I must say I find the first picture of the hatchy pretty neat.
Regards Rina

Just about evry jungle i've seen has the same perching or resting position as chondros and i have also seen some of my jungles luring.I think jungles and the rough scale python are very similar to chondros in that they are highly arboreal and would feed on mainly birds and small rodents.Don't know much about rough scales but they have very large teeth like chondros and all 3 species are prone to being quite aggressive.....

I have a little Proserpine that likes to perch like a GTP. Every time I see her doing it I can't help but think " Yeah, I wish!"

Yeah, the hatchie pic is really nice but the others dont do much for me

looks better as a baby then adult.....but thats a given...

hope aust doesn't go down this path.....

Theres something about the GTP head shape that stands out and can be recognised anywhere. I like the color but i think a pure GTP looks better.

I think It looks great, is there any thing bad that can happen to a snake when it is cross-bred?

I actually prefer the snake as an adult than the juvie as it has great colour contrast....i hope we don't start crossing any morelia with chondros in Australia either, although i am thinking that someone will eventually be tempted to cross analbino carpet with a chondro,and to be truthful i would be very interested in seeing what the albino animals from the second generation look like....

Another spectacular looking snake, and a cute hatchy. Most likely infertile tho' so no good for breeding.

Browns said:
i am thinking that someone will eventually be tempted to cross analbino carpet with a chondro,and to be truthful i would be very interested in seeing what the albino animals from the second generation look like....

They might not be too different - there's not a lot of black on a Chondro.

:p

Hix

Doesent do much for me, then again none of the crazy US creations do.

I would just like to ask what the problem with cross breeding of snakes to get different looks? Is there a genetics or health problem?
If there isn't, then why does it seem that every time someone posts a pic of a cross breed, alot of people say it looks good but are morally opposed to it.
People have been cross breeding animals for a few thousand years now. why not with snakes.
I was at a VHS meeting a while ago when Dr Simon Stone spoke and some of the pictures of the Ball and Green tree pythons were really good looking, and they all seemed to be very healthy (as much as you can tell from a pic)

my 2 cents

are there any genetic complications from doing such an excercise? Organs, tumors etc? I still beleive you should keep them pure. But hey someone will give it a go for a quick buck., *sigh*

some breeders power feed their 'pure' snakes to bring them up to breeding size faster which (apparently) shortens the life span of the animal. Isn't that worse than crossing 2 healthy snakes and brining up and selling healthy crossbreeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back