Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's been alot of to-do about these guys on the some of the U.S. forums as of late. I'm not against crosses persay, but I'm not a big fan of these ones. They are selling for quite abit of money over there, so I have no doubt that they're be more to come.

someone will eventually be tempted to cross analbino carpet with a chondro,
I think it's a given, these albino carpets are the start of quite a few crosses in Australia I reckon, for better or for worse, it's going to happen

From Memory, their are albino GTP's in the US, and they look nice, but not as good as a nice blue GTP or High yellow.
Personally, I don't think that many would be interested in a albino carpet cross GTP here in Australia, I certainly wouldn't pay Pure GTP or Albino carpet prices for one, so I don't think their would be a incentive for people to cross them.

Neil

But what about albino bredli? Diamonds, scrubbies? I think they're as likely as GTP crosses, probably easier to pull off too... As albino carpet prices drop I'm pretty sure they'll be trying new things, and I think that there's a market for almost anything, especially with the hobby growing in Aus...

Sam,
I agree with you that the Albino carpets are the start of the future breeding of many crosses and new morph's, It's a fact to be sure of, but personally I hope they only breed carpet to carpet and leave the other Morelia's out of their equation's.

All that said, I do like alot of the morph's and crosses including the Carpondro, but just wouldn't consider paying big money for them like I would a pure albino.

Neil

Not sure if it is possible to to produce an albino carpondro. The gentics most likely are not transferable from species to species. There's alot of effort right now going on in the U.S. to either prove or hopfully disprove, this theroy with the Bateaters (Retic/Burm crosses). It is highly unlikely that the dream of a albino Bateater will come true, which is too bad really. It would be cool to see one.

I do agree though, an albino Carpet is the way of the future for you guys, and will eventually find it's way here.

Well say someone does cross an albino carpet with a chondro which don't have any black"although i have seen a couple with black spots" it is the patterning that would interest me in the outcome and if it has a pattern expressing yellow or all white and no pattern like the olives?

We all have different opinions and what is beautiful to one person may well be ugly to another,that's personal choice and what it's all about!!!!

I would say crossing an albino carpet with a chondro to eventually breed albino carpndros is well and truly possible.They are morelia and more or less a green carpet python,same as bredli being crossed wit5h coastals which has been done,and i doubt they are mules"infertile"

Pic of an albino chondro..........

Browns
If that is a real snake I think that is very cool.

I love all the different color variations coming out in the US. I hope it all comes over here!

Sorry i'm only new to the snake world but the snake looks nice but i think it is wrong

Here is another pic of an albino GTP with 2 common morphs ...

Enjoy,

TeZa ...

Jarvis78 said:
I love all the different color variations coming out in the US. I hope it all comes over here!

Dude, I wish we'd never have to see any of that crap come over here but with the albino's now in the hobby I might as well be dreaming! Snake are NOT toys and neither are they something pretty for us to look at!, we have NO right what so ever to be scewing around with their genetics! Sure the occational intergrade/hybrid occurs in the wild but some of the sh*t like you see oversea's (and yes even here)is just impossible and wrong! I'm not against selective breeding but some who breeds one of those mongrels should lose thier right to keep our native wildlife.

I think some of the crossbreads look great and although it 's looked down upon by many people i think it's the future of Aus herp industry.

An albino is an animal born with out any pigment, I'm not sure exactly how this happens but it's probobly a fault that occurs during developement. JMO.

I think it looks awesome whether it is right or wrong is just another one of those unanswered debaits that all boils down to a personal opinion.

People get on their high horse and go on about how wrong this is, and they wouldn't do it in the wild etc etc etc. But how many people have owned crossed bred dogs, horses, cows, cats, sheep, goats etc. etc. If it is wrong to do it with snakes, then surely it is wrong to do with all animals.

I must admit if somebody approached me with that snake and offered if to me for the right price there is no way I would knock it back. I love to see different sorts of animals but I also am one for having pure bred animals.

I only hope that with all this type of breeding going on over there and surely here as well that they still keep pure blood lines. Just MO

An albino is an animal born with out any pigment, I'm not sure exactly how this happens but it's probobly a fault that occurs during developement. JMO.
It's almost always (always, as far as I've heard, let me know if not) genetic. It's rare because BOTH parents need to posess the gene, and then pass the correct gene on for the young to show the trait. It's naturally occuring, just more common in captivity because we can specifically breed together those animals that we know posess that gene.

thats cool. so who wants to give me a pair of albino somethings :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back