Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DO YOU LIKE ANTARESIA PYTHONS OR CARPET PYTHONS

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptile-man4life

Not so new Member
Reaction score
HEY, THIS THREAD IS VERY INTERESTING. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT PEOPLE THINK OF CARPET PYTHONS (INC. DIAMOND PYTHON) AND ANTARESIA PYTHONS (SPOTTED, STIMSON'S, AND CHILDREN'S). WHEN YOU POST AN ANSWER, PLEASE FIRST SAY WHCIH ONE YOU LIKE MORE (ANTARESIA PYTHONS OR CARPET PYTHONS). tHEN EXPLAIN ALL THE REASONS WHY YOU LIKE IT MORE (EG. SMALLER OR BIGGER ETC.) THEN MAKE A LIST OF PYTHONS FROM YOUR FAVOURITE TO YOUR MOST HATED (INCLUDING BOTH ANTARESIA AND CARPETS)

THEN YOU CAN SAY ANY EXTRA COMMENTS ABOUT PYTHONS.

THANKS AND PLEASE ANSWER IN THIS FORMAT:D

I prefer carpets.

The reasons being -

-They reach a greater size, and lets face it, a big snake is usually more impressive than a small one.

-There is a far superior range of colours and patterns. You are not limited to the browns and caramels.

-They have a more distinctive head.

All pythons are fantastic though, and i love a great specimen of any variety.

i dnt know because i have a stimson and im getting a carpet in a month or two... so i dont know what carpets are like.. but snce i have my stimmy i guess il choose that

Both are easy and quite rewarding to keep and breed, but both are fairly boring reptiles too. Some jungle pythons definately look better than any Anteresia IMO.

Morelia for me!!
Better colours.
Bigger clutches.
Calmer.
Can do more with their enclosures.
Can hold them around your neck without them falling off.
Better first snake then a stimmy etc etc because of above reasons

antaresia pythons could be better than carpets because all carpet pythons have to be held around your neck by the age of 1.5 years old while antaresia pythons can be held on your arm. also antaresia pytyhtons are easier to handle and you can take them out to the park etc. coz they are smaller

I like both but prefer Antaresia. They have a nicer head shape than Morelia and are much smaller and easier to house. Although I do love some of the colours and patterns in Morelia.
Aspidites are better than both though ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back