Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DO YOU LIKE ANTARESIA PYTHONS OR CARPET PYTHONS

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
no. i didnt mean take him to the oark. what i was trying to say that antaresia's are easier to walk around with because they are smaller. like i take mine to my backyard and walk around and she loves it

also, carpets are much stronger than antaresia's so if you did put them aroond your arm they can stop your blood flowing because adult carpets grow fat and long. if your blood stops flowing that is very bad

no. i didnt mean take him to the oark. what i was trying to say that antaresia's are easier to walk around with because they are smaller. like i take mine to my backyard and walk around and she loves it

also, carpets are much stronger than antaresia's so if you did put them aroond your arm they can stop your blood flowing because adult carpets grow fat and long. if your blood stops flowing that is very bad

Yes no blood flowing is very bad .....:shock:

Just curious how you do know your antaresia "loves" a walk in the garden ??

Something tells me that putting a large carpet around your neck and losing blood flow then could be worse :shock:;)

You can't even compare, they both have their good and bad points.

Antaresia..you may get bitten but it doesn't really hurt...a big carpet will hurt lol

Sorry JasonL, If it was my choice not to have aspidites..I would. :D:D

This post makes no sense. How are they "easier" to take outside for a walk? I find it alot easier to take my larger snakes outside as they are easier to keep an eye on. A small snake like a stimmy is more likely to disapear down a hole or a crack, whereas bigger snakes aren't usually as flighty.

Also, if you have any idea how to hold a snake, then you'd have to be a total idiot to let a snake constrict your arms.

I like Antaresias better 'cause....well...I dunno, I guess because I really like patternless childreni, blonde macs, and sandfire stimmos, so yeah...

i prefer carpets but different people like different things. i have 3 coastal's :D really nice tempremented snakes

Yeah it's just a mongrel to find the right size harness and lead for the little blighters.....

I voted Carpets as I own 3 and have never had Antaresia but then again they just don't have the same appeal to me, carpets are bigger and so many ranges for size and color, so I'll stay with the carpets....:D:D:D

so mr kite and notsch........ obviously you only have caroet pythons so obviously you are bias. stimson pythons can be much more beatifu than a lot of the carpets. i have to admit that carpets have more of a range of colours but that is because they have a large group and anatresia have a small group. its up to you but i much prefer antaresia's over carpets because i like them better while they are smaller. i just dont like massive snakes

so mr kite and notsch........ obviously you only have caroet pythons so obviously you are bias. stimson pythons can be much more beatifu than a lot of the carpets. i have to admit that carpets have more of a range of colours but that is because they have a large group and anatresia have a small group. its up to you but i much prefer antaresia's over carpets because i like them better while they are smaller. i just dont like massive snakes

Ummmm, NO! I have owned a spotted python for 9 years but thanks for playing. Its the first snake i ever got and i love the little girl. I also own black headed pythons and olive pythons so i think my experience base is quite a deal larger than yours.

I dont disagree that they are great snakes, but your reasoning for liking them better than anything else doesn't make any sense. Your using irrelevant and inaccurate information in an attempt to prove to people that one type is better than another.

Case in point, had you said, "i prefer anterasia better than morelia because i love their size and colouring" then that would be perfectly valid as that is your opinion an no one can say that it is wrong.

When you say "A carpet python can constrict your arms and can't be taken for a walk" is still your opinion, but the factual information you gave is a load of rubbish. The reason you gave is not based on truth or any real life experiences with these animals.

So why not accept the fact that others can like different species? Personally I like all snakes but don't want to own an olive (at least not yet), I don't feel I would like to own any of the elapids but they are beautiful just the same. I love my little childrens python and so does my daughter.

You can't make black and white that which is subjective. Please see numbers 2, 3 and 4.

Adjective

subjective (comparative more subjective, superlative most subjective)
Positive
subjective

Comparative
more subjective

Superlative
most subjective

1. Pertaining to subjects as opposed to objects (A subject is one who perceives or is aware; an object is the thing perceived or the thing that the subject is aware of.)
  2. Formed, as in opinions, based upon subjective feelings or intuition, not upon observation or reasoning, which can be influenced by preconception; coming more from within the observer rather than from observations of the external environment.
  3. Resulting from or pertaining to personal mindsets or experience, arising from perceptive mental conditions within the brain and not necessarily from external stimuli.
  4. Lacking in reality or substance.
  5. As used by Carl Jung the innate worldview orientation of the introverted personality types.
  6. (philosophy) and (psychology) Experienced by a person mentally and not directly verifiable by others

So why not accept the fact that others can like different species? Personally I like all snakes but don't want to own an olive (at least not yet), I don't feel I would like to own any of the elapids but they are beautiful just the same. I love my little childrens python and so does my daughter.

You can't make black and white that which is subjective. Please see numbers 2, 3 and 4.

Adjective

subjective (comparative more subjective, superlative most subjective)
Positive
subjective

Comparative
more subjective

Superlative
most subjective

1. Pertaining to subjects as opposed to objects (A subject is one who perceives or is aware; an object is the thing perceived or the thing that the subject is aware of.)
  2. Formed, as in opinions, based upon subjective feelings or intuition, not upon observation or reasoning, which can be influenced by preconception; coming more from within the observer rather than from observations of the external environment.
  3. Resulting from or pertaining to personal mindsets or experience, arising from perceptive mental conditions within the brain and not necessarily from external stimuli.
  4. Lacking in reality or substance.
  5. As used by Carl Jung the innate worldview orientation of the introverted personality types.
  6. (philosophy) and (psychology) Experienced by a person mentally and not directly verifiable by others
Man!!! I found it hard to get my head around that one, i don`t know how some kid will? It may have been the bourbons though:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back