Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zobo, What technology would require the sacrifice of a specimen, just to determine a mutation(s)? I cant say ive ever heard of this, not even from o/s.. where i only notice the typical methods of proving mutations through breeding trials, could you give anymore details for us?

I think what you are refering to was a quote from the link that I posted earlier, that Zobo quoted a section from...

this is the link
http://www.vmsherp.com/LCMutations.htm

Im not entirely sure what technology can be used to ascertain mutations either, but assume they might be refering to single strand conformational polymorphism analysis (SSCP) or something similar.

perhaps someone could suggest a genetic label i can drop onto some horrendously ugly brown carpets i have...?

"honey" coastals :lol:

Last edited:
Im with Trueblue on this - where I work we have heaps of coastals come through and they vary so much in the wild I have seen coastals like this one.

Still waiting for the flood of pics to come of this very common coastal colour.......... ;) LOL

TB; you turned down a FREE pair of Albino's???????????? WHAT THE??
Now I am really worried about you LOL

here are some pics of the sibling I just picked up to pair with the grey one. This one is not bad either but should look good after a few good feeds and a shed!
Interesting pattern on it.
jas

Attachments

• email sister.JPG
    email sister.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 86
  • email sister 2.JPG
    email sister 2.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 64
  • email sister 3.JPG
    email sister 3.JPG
    183.6 KB · Views: 82
thanks.
One more point I have learnt from a breeder of 'axanthics' in the states, is that they go through a phase (similar to B & W jungles) were they tend to brown up leading into a shed and afterwards show the grey/black/white colours. Interesting.
jas

I was with Jason when he bought that sibling and I would have snapped it up if he hadn't bought it.

Ive actually been offered a free pair of albino darwins twice by two different people, and had a pair here that i was going to breed for someone but didnt like them and moved them on. Why keep something that dosnt interest you.?? Personally ive never seen a darwin carpet that i like, i think they are absolutely crappy looking pythons.

Ive actually been offered a free pair of albino darwins twice by two different people, and had a pair here that i was going to breed for someone but didnt like them and moved them on. Why keep something that dosnt interest you.?? Personally ive never seen a darwin carpet that i like, i think they are absolutely crappy looking pythons.

Same reason i'll never own a coastal. Do absolutely nothing for me, i'd rather keep somethign that tickles my fancy.

I was with Jason when he bought that sibling and I would have snapped it up if he hadn't bought it.

Don't worry Ash this season I am sure we can line something up from the breeder ;)
j

If you get any freebies albinos all Darwins just give me a call,i will gladly take them off your hands,i dont care what ppl wont 2 call the carpet,i think its awesome,i would love 2 own it...

What does interest you? Green pythons " Gorrilla snot", Albino Darwins " not interested"
Bumble bee BHP " lost interest in BHP's", coastals, etc,etc.

Yet you still breed stimmis, no offence, just wondering what keeps your herp passion going.

hahaha, yeah im getting a bit fussy in my old age.
I have a real soft spot for stimmies for some reason, dont ask me why i just do,lol. Macs on the other hand do nothing at all for me. The only childrens i keep are these light form MT Isa ones that are really nice little snakes.
I love olives, they have so much charater for a large python, well for any python for that matter. They keep my passion going when it comes to pythons. Plus womas i dont mind as they too have heaps of character.
I dont even like jungles much, the only reason i stll keep and breed the cowleys is that they are Daves and he would kill me if i got rid of them lol.
Elapids are my real passion and thats pretty much all i used to keep for years, pythons are just boring mongrel things in comparason. But back then you couldnt give them away and they used to cost me heaps each year to keep and breed them. So i got rid of them and changed over to mainly pythons to cover costs, bad mistake as most just bore me and i lose interest in them too easily.
These pilbara blackheaded adders keep me going, they are truley magnificent animals.
When i move back to s/e qld ill probally get back in to the elapids again and only keep a small handfull of pythons.

Last edited:
Gee, I better not keep anything other people don't like! Isn't diverstity what keeps our hobby going? Give me abinos anyday.
How can you dislike albino carpets (with so much beautiful colours) yet breed albino olives....1 colour?
I love both and would give a lefty for a pair of each ;)
j

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back