Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it's a bit of a strange one, albino Darwins are absolutely spectacular whereas the Albino Olive although big is very plain. I like both but the Darwins have it hands down.

hahaha, yeah im getting a bit fussy in my old age.

I was going to ask the same question about what "did it for you" thanks for clearing it up!
I can appreciate your view on Coastals and one I have on certain species as well that people go crazy for...it's all personal preferences and in the eye of the beholder, isn't it?

Man, i'm getting fussy in my old age as well! Although with the different morphs that all you cutting edge breeders are producing, this is what's keeping my passion alive, but not my Bank balance. lol!
But I have to say, the carpet morphs are the ones that seem to be ones i like for now and the foreseeable future.
I also can see Robs point on "character"! It's something that keeps you interested after looking at soo many snakes every day...I too want an animal (display) that is at the least, have a personality, ie keeps you interested and learning on how they act and interact. I had a passion for Marine fish until recently, I had the most weirdest critters you could find, if only for the fact that I didn't know much about them, they were rare in captivity and they had a personality and character that was different to the norm. they were something to watch and learn from. I'd sit in front of my main aquarium for hours each day to wind down after work and just observe.
Sorry, I digress and drifted off lol, but I understand Robs view...although not too sure of the Albino give away!!! lol

Sorry to move away slightly from the thread Jas...keep up the good work though, there are some fans out there with the work you guys are doing! You too Rob.

just to throw a python in the mix.i've encountered hundreds of pythons in the Gladstone area over many years ,and the majority are either the standard green-gray, or brown in colour.but about 3-4 years ago i got a callout to Wurdong Heights and this "black and white " fellow turned up,the only one i've found this colour in this area so i took a few photos.had a bit of scarring and old damage on him so i doubt he was an escaped pet from a different locality.

Attachments

• bwc3.jpg
    bwc3.jpg
    492.8 KB · Views: 127
  • bwc1.jpg
    bwc1.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 96
I think that proves the point very well, of course all these things occur in the wild BUT they are obviously rare in comparison. Being wild doesn't preclude it from being axanthic or hypoaxanthic or indeed any other 'morph'.

Found North of Gladdy, predominantly grey carpet of which ive found
a lot - but rarely photographed any.
Possibly what Slimebo is describing?
GreyCoastal.jpg

Southside Morelia,- Youve got it in a nut shell.! cheers at least someone uderstands where im comming from. lol.
Its the chatacter of the olives that floats my boat. Darwins are a boring crappy snake no matter what they look like imo. The only one that slightly interests me is the melainistic one snake ranch has, but id get bored in the end with it too no dought. lol. Out of all the carpet sub- species Darwins have always been the one that do the least for me, just never liked them. Had a pair of albinos given to me to breed for someone for a few years but passed them on after a few months, just wasnt interested in them. Boring snakes.
Olives on the other hand are active inquisitive animals for pythons as long as they arnt over fed and turn into large fat blobs. And a large active pure white, (shades of cinimon when hatcted turning yellow till around 4-5), snake is a sight to behold. very cool animals. Same with womas, they do all sorts of crazy things. Makes it more fun.
As said elapids are what really turns me on, i spose olives and womas behave more like them compared to most other pythons.
Dont get me wrong, in the future there will be some nice looking albinos produced, as long as they are kept pure lol, some very pretty snakes, but in every other aspect they do absolutely nothing for me, just not my thing.

zobo,- huh ? Thats a bit of a weird/silly comment. Why would it bother me what you or any one else keeps?, means nothing at all to me. Just cause i dont like something dosnt mean that other people dont, and vise versa, just cause someone likes something dosnt mean i have to. Are i not entitled to my own opinion?. Very strange comment.!!
You obviously have never kept elapids so have no idea at all where im comming form.

Last edited:
hi trueblue i know what You mean even though only keep 4 snakes, its like peer pressure in a way somone smoke,s they try make u smoke. someone get a python they like they they think u must get one,
if get what i mean anyways bye.!!!
chris

Found North of Gladdy, predominantly grey carpet of which ive found
a lot - but rarely photographed any.
Possibly what Slimebo is describing?
GreyCoastal.jpg
yeah they are our standard common coloured ones.the black and white one was out of the blue,the only one i've found here so far

colt08, your right on the money mate. I like and keep what i want, not what other people think i should like and keep.
I dont do the peer pressure thing, its not my style.

slimebo, ive seen quite a few like that on the sunny coast, still nothing like what id call a black and white or axanthic as theres heaps of other colour showing thru. Just another common old carpet.
And yeah your right, that grey one is a very common form, dime a dozen.

slimebo, ive seen quite a few like that on the sunny coast, still nothing like what id call a black and white or axanthic as theres heaps of other colour showing thru. Just another common old carpet.
And yeah your right, that grey one is a very common form, dime a dozen.
gday Rob.it wasn't my intension to say that it was axanthic,it was just a different colour form to the majority of coastals found around Gladstone.i too have found a few black and whiteish coastals around the Lake Baroon area near the sunny coast,just rare up this way.

Yeah sorry i didnt mean to imply that you ment it was axanthic, i was just stating that its another common colour fase of carpet.

zobo,- huh ? Thats a bit of a weird/silly comment. Why would it bother me what you or any one else keeps?, means nothing at all to me. Just cause i dont like something dosnt mean that other people dont, and vise versa, just cause someone likes something dosnt mean i have to. Are i not entitled to my own opinion?. Very strange comment.!!
You obviously have never kept elapids so have no idea at all where im comming form.

that was just a sarcastic dig at the people who constantly get onto threads and bag the type of animal the thread is about.

I am not just refering to the coastal bagging in this thread, but I see a lot of negative comments on other threads and personally I don't know why people take the time to reply to something that does not interest them? (maybe just to get their number of posts up or look important?)
Personally I don't care what anyone thinks as I have copped a lot of rubbish before over the striped coastals and I have found that opinion is divided yet I still can't breed enough of them.

I like coastals (all forms) and think that morphs and line breeding of unusual colours/patterns is the way of the future. just my opinion.

I have seen the pics posted here but from the pictures they appear to be just the normal colour coastals and not exactly grey. Any better pics to compare to?
j

Where have i bagged the grey coastals???. I have given my opinion on how common and ordinary they are thats all. You seem to have a bit of an inferiority complex going on, and take offense to anything that anybody says that dosnt agree with you and what you keep.

Jason, at the end of the day none of it makes any difference, it is a great snake in it's own right and I for one am very interested to see how it turns out along with that sibling :) You will always encounter negativity, it just goes with the territory, the only person you must ultimately please is yourself.

Where have i bagged the grey coastals???. I have given my opinion on how common and ordinary they are thats all. You seem to have a bit of an inferiority complex going on, and take offense to anything that anybody says that dosnt agree with you and what you keep.

TB, get over yourself, read the post. It was not even directed at YOU personally. I never said you bagged the grey coastal in any of my posts, I said there are people on this site who constantly bag animals that the thread is about. Like I have already said, I would not bother typing if the animal was not of interest to me, why take the time to write negative stuff? I just skip over posts of animals I don't like as I don't have time to sit and argue/stir up the owners.

Inferiority complex? LOL, I have had so many PM's and emails about this thread from people who are also sick of the rubbish talk and the 'herp-gods' who think they rule the earth and their word is gospel. I dont really give a stuff. There are a lot of people out there who agree and not all are willing to post because of the rubbish like this that starts.

I love to see other peoples snakes and especially morphs/varieties and love to see the threads they post, but now I am reminded of why I didn't bother posting for a while. Mate everyone is entitled to an opinion but certain people seem to want to push their opinion on everyone and argue the point till it gets boring and others submit.

I see your point, you dont like coastals etc, fair enough then, get off the thread on COASTALS!
Not rocket science!

reminder of a few memorable quotes on coastals/darwins just from this one thread alone; ( I am not wasting my time going through other threads but I have seen plenty of bagging of peoples animals by people who dont like them, why bother posting?)

I also agree, a carpet is just a carpet no matter what it looks like.

they to bore me to a large extent, they are still only carpets.

Personally ive never seen a darwin carpet that i like, i think they are absolutely crappy looking pythons.

Darwins are a boring crappy snake no matter what they look like imo

Like I said why bag a type of animal the thread is about? go read another thread or start one on animals you like

Have a nice day!

Be positive ;)

LOL

And as usual I am yet to see any pics that are good enough quiality to compare colours etc C'mon eveyone they are a dime a dozen, there should at least be 1 good photo showing the true colour close up???

Here you go Jas ;)

These pics were taken pre- shed, so he's that yucky smudgy colour. But he still looks good to me.

DSCN4553.jpg

DSCN4546.jpg

DSCN4610.jpg

hahaha, get over YOURself you mean. Oh thats right youve produced a handfull of clutches so are an expert now ah.!!! lol.

This thread was not about darwins, but grey coastals, ive never bagged your precious grey coastals.
I was asked a question about what herps did it for me, and i answered.
You started the thread with question marks which i took as if you wanted opinions, i simply gave you my opinion, you then seemed to take offence. I then even stated that i ment no offence, and was just giving my opinion but once again you get all upset and cry babies over nothing. lol.

Last edited:
Unreal photos zobo and grumpy, beautiful snakes regardless what type they are. petty u can't ignore some a holes that write crap though hey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back