Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had various skinks, a couple of tristis monitors, a perente, heaps of Gilberts dragons, a couple of Stimpsons pythons, one Bredli and dozens of geckos.

you had a bredli in alice springs? i thought they were only found in a remote mountain range in the south of NT? do u think it was an escapee ,or are they actually in the area?

Not too common but they are out there. It was a young one so I can only assume it was wild. My house backs onto hundreds of acres of bush and it's right near a waterway (or should I say a sand way). We've had several caught at my place of employment and that's only 10 km (as the crow flies) away from the centre of Alice. Evidently they were a lot more common years ago :( Also have had them on the golf course and the local primary school.

thanks for the replys everyone. jonno you have heaps across the road . i might include across the road stuff , ok we have seen across the road and behind us

brown snakes
water dragons
whip snakes - dor
golden crowned this morning - dor

I have found:

Blue tongue lizards Garden skinks Eastern beardie dragons Jacky dragons lace monitors Brown snakes red bellied black snakes striped march frogs Perions Tree frogs Green tree frogs

ive never seen anything in my backyard, and now ive moved and dont have much of a backyard really

I get in my backyard.

RBBS,Browns,Carpets,GTS,Whip snakes,bandy bandys,Naped,Goannas,blue tounges,skinks,geckos,water dragons,pink tounges,GTF,thats all i can thiink of lol.

Yea , just skinks for me too . 3 different kinds of little ones & some quite big water skinks.

good idea for a thread by the way !

Last edited:
I live in innercity brisbane and have found several species of skinks, water dragons (heaps), coastal carpet huge and coastal carpet hatchy (think it came from the huge one). Asian house geckos. That's all i can think of now. Found a road kill diamond python a couple of streets away. This little water dragon was a curious about me as i was abaut him, he followed me to the front door mat and then my kids scared him and he ran away.:cry:

Attachments

• water drag.jpg
    water drag.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 129
  • water drag1.jpg
    water drag1.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 109
  • water drag2.jpg
    water drag2.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_2352.jpg
    IMG_2352.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 127
DP.:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:
I live in innercity brisbane and have found several species of skinks, water dragons (heaps), coastal carpet huge and coastal carpet hatchy (think it came from the huge one). Asian house geckos. That's all i can think of now. Found a road kill diamond python a couple of streets away. This little water dragon was a curious about me as i was abaut him, he followed me to the front door mat and then my kids scared him and he ran away.:cry:

Coastals, Common tree snakes, Brown tree snakes, beardies, frillies, EWDs, lace monitors, garden skinks & asian house geckoes by the hundreds

i never get cool stuff like Dabool.
The best we've had is a copperhead and the odd garden skink.

Dabool , man , I wanna hang-out in your garden !

hi ya
we have at the moment a red belly back snake running around between my yard and next door.
we also have very large blueys
a few frogs in our pond.
so that is life in my yard....

here are some pics, a blue tree snake(didnt want to sit still) a baby marsh, a gtf and another tree snake that was watching me shower.

Attachments

• baby marsh.jpg
    baby marsh.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 679
  • baby marsh 2.jpg
    baby marsh 2.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 115
  • cts.jpg
    cts.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 122
  • gtf.jpg
    gtf.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 111
  • cts 1.jpg
    cts 1.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 126
In the house in the city:
Blue tongue's
Skinks
Marbled geckoes

On the farm:
Brown snakes
Red belllied black snakes
Bearded Dragons (Central?)
Sleepy lizards
Blue tongues
And an unidentified dragon (looked like a water dragon but i dont think you get them here)
Oh and countless boring brown frogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back