Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

angelrose

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Black-headed Python breeding pairs. A rare chance to purchase a breeding collection of Queensland form Blackheads, from five different bloodlines. Consisting of 2 x 4 yr olds, 2 x 3 yr olds, and 2 x 2 yr olds. All animals are in excellent condition and have been grown for long term breeding. Feeding and sloughing records will accompany each animal.

4k a pair or 10k the lot..... im soooooooooo jealous....

Angel

ps c/o the herptrader

I didn't think they would call them breeding pairs when no animal is over 4 years old :p Seems a bit pricey to me....

Exactly, how can a pair of 2 year olds be marketed as a breeding pair. Sounds very pricey for a gamble.

Can anyone lend me 10k...:(

:) How is it that 4 years isnt old enough for breeding?Bhps will breed in 2 years male or female but as bian Barnett told me once the female must have enough size. :D :D

RE: Can anyone lend me 10k...:(

So to get a 2 year old female up to alarge size you would have to powerfeedit yeah. I was once told that animals fed too much that grow too quick have reduced lifespans.

Talk about a rich mans hobby :roll: . Really makes me see what a bargain Bredli, Jungles and other great pythons are!

:) To qualify what i stated. my female bhp was hatched in late oct02 and laid 9 eggs in august 04.which makes it about 20months.The male was slightly younger.My incubation was a disaster cause i added too much water and the temps fluctuated too much.I can say though that 8 eggs were fertile and there was one slugg. :D :D

do you keep decent records... how big was the female at that stage?? Fed a ****load?

How longwere they oldfella. Speaking to a few people i have been told animals close to the 2 mter mark will be likely to breed easier. Any truth in that

Re: RE: Can anyone lend me 10k...:(

hey_im_sam said:
do you keep decent records... how big was the female at that stage?? Fed a ****load?

Black Headeds have an amazing appetite and can grow quickly. What amazes me is that you can feed them a HUGE meal and a couple of days later they look quite scrawny.

RE: Re: RE: Can anyone lend me 10k...:(

This is a table of the minium breeding sizes for Australian Python species adapted from Rick Shine's book - "Australian Snakes".

Based on this table as long as the male black head is 1.17m long and the female 1.2m they are of breeding size. Age is not meant to be a factor.

"Species", "MinimumMaleSize", "MinimumFemaleSize", "MaleSize", "FemaleSize", "Average Clutch size", "Common Name"
"Liasis stimsoni", "660 mm", "638 mm", "880 mm", "850 mm", "6", "Stimson's Python"
"Morelia amethystina", "1440 mm", "1748 mm", "1920 mm", "2330 mm", "11", "Scrub Python"
"Morelia spilota", "975 mm", "1133 mm", "1300 mm", "1510 mm", "21", "Diamond and Carpet Python"
"Aspidites melanocaphalus", "1170 mm", "1200 mm", "1560 mm", "1590 mm", "8", "Black Headed Python"
"Aspidites ramsayi", "1110 mm", "1185 mm", "1480 mm", "1580 mm", "14", "Woma"
"Chondropython viridis", "750 mm", "968 mm", "1000 mm", "1290 mm", "12", "Green Tree Python"
"Liasis childreni", "518 mm", "525 mm", "690 mm ", "720 mm", "7", "Children's python"
"Liasis fucus", "975 mm", "1102 mm", "1300 mm", "1470 mm", "10", "Water Python"
"Liasis maculosus", "557 mm", "630 mm", "770 mm", "840 mm", "13", "Spotted Python"
"Liasis olivaceus", "1320 mm", "1425 mm", "1760 mm", "1900 mm", "16", "Olive Python"
"Liasis perthensis", "337 mm", "353 mm", "450 mm", "470 mm", "5", "Pygmy Python"

:) Sam i got the juv fem from Roy pails in dec and assist fed it straight away.The credit card method (one day rat)thence placed back in hide box with another placed at the entrance.The go with bhp juvs is to add more food to the enclosure once you have assist fed cause bhps are by nature animals that look for more.There only kept with floor heat i reckon they like it that way as the air temp cools down at night that way.Womas4me the fem is QLD type and was over 7ft in feb 04 when i ceased feeding prior to breeding. It prelayed on the13th july 04 and layed on the 16th august 04.Placed with 2 males in early marrch and it was gravid mid may.I did not observe ovulation. :D :D

Re: RE: Can anyone lend me 10k...:(

herptrader said:
hey_im_sam said:

Black Headeds have an amazing appetite and can grow quickly. What amazes me is that you can feed them a HUGE meal and a couple of days later they look quite scrawny.

sounds like gut parasites to me.

:) Sam i got the juv fem from Roy pails in dec and assist fed it straight away.The credit card method (one day rat)thence placed back in hide box with another placed at the entrance.The go with bhp juvs is to add more food to the enclosure once you have assist fed cause bhps are by nature animals that look for more.There only kept with floor heat i reckon they like it that way as the air temp cools down at night that way.Womas4me the fem is QLD type and was over 7ft in feb 04 when i ceased feeding prior to breeding. It prelayed on the13th july 04 and layed on the 16th august 04.Placed with 2 males in early marrch and it was gravid mid may.I did not observe ovulation. :D :D

Can anyone lend me 10k....:(

:) Trying to work out how to get pic posted. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back