Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RE: Can anyone lend me 10k...:(

Parko said:
Talk about a rich mans hobby :roll: . Really makes me see what a bargain Bredli, Jungles and other great pythons are!

But they are all just carpet pythons, the only main thing that changes is colouration. Aspidites are a totally different genus, they don't occur anywhere else in the world, and aren't just a regular python, they have some form of uniqueness...

Depends if you're keeping snakes to go "Oh look, how pretty" or because you have an interest in reptiles. I'm not saying you don't have an interest in reptiles so don't get all antsy...

Still a steep price though.

-Jonno

Can anyone lend me 10k...:(

:) Yeh probably a bit pricey,depends on the colour and if there captive bred,wild bhps arnt value but captive bred black and white, yahoo! The pic above was the fem in late may 04,gravid there but not overweight.The pic below is the male from central QLD bred by Ken Worley,you can see its not overweight. :)

RE: Can anyone lend me 10k...:(

nice snakes oldfella, i would love to see a good pic of the female if you have one please?

:D Ricko heres a pic of the female but its not good as when i resizem they look fuzzy.Gettn on to the original topic i suppose proven breeders that were captive bred would demand the highest price and then theres the colour factor,mine are not a great colour but theyll do. :) :)

RE: Re: RE: Can anyone lend me 10k...:(

sure whats your bank account.......one condition I recieve 2/3's of the clutch for the next 10 years

:lol: Try bigguy Agamidae hes got heaps and they breed,he has his white one on special this week ya get to keep 70% of youngns for 10 years or the term of ya natural life.Then theres AD if that fails hes got those ugly black and white ones,no variation just black then white black then white ive gotta stop the jjjjeeeaaaallllooouuusssyyyy is killing me! :twisted:

peterescue said:
herptrader said:
hey_im_sam said:
do you keep decent records... how big was the female at that stage?? Fed a ****load?

sounds like gut parasites to me.

Except that they have also grown 100mm at the same time.

When you get a pair you will soon know what I mean ;-)

can anyone lend me 10k....

Hi all shane here.From shanesaussie_pythons.It aniose me when people say there selling breeding pairs of pythons .Just becuase they are almost adult age.I have been breeding austalian pythons continuesly for 18 years now.And just you may have an adult male and an adult female .They are not a breeding pair .!!What t5hey are thow is a possible breeding pair.Some pythons can be very selective! Some females want except some males were they will except others.Untill they have actully bred secsefully.They are not breeding pairs .They may even be infertile or produce to low levels of sperm to actully reproduce.Italk to many new herps who are gung ho and aquire every adult python they can get there hands on because they herd about good breeders .and they almost send them selfs broke in the process .And nothing ever breeds for them .THen they start telling others that shanes not breeding them .He must be takeing them from the wild.Because they them selfs have tryed and cant there to hard .What it boils down to is that they havent done there home work mn.THey dont even Know the reproductive anatame of what they are trying to breed.Anyway im getting off track here (sorry)To call a pair a breeding pair they must have atleast produced before!! So beware of false advertisement .And exsorbedent pricess.regardsSHANE from aussie pythons

RE: can anyone lend me 10k....

well, i gotta say that im surprised to hear some of the info in this thread. I have read as much information as i could find (alot) on BHP's and have spoken at length with experienced breeders and still i hear certain things that contradict, and also compliment what ive read and beleive. The diversity of it all stunns me sometimes. :shock:

:) Well said shane! Mr K imfo comes out now cause us older ones are slower to embrace technology i reckon.If you really want to know something go to the to.I have had advice from bigguy (bob withey),Brian barnett,shanes aussie pythons,neil sonnemann,Robin mcleod,Bruce riddel,and Dave barker, If ya want to know something ASK, all of these people have helped me cause i couldnt find what i wanted to know in books or on the internet. Yeh , when you search for imfo on breeding bhps on the internet or whatever you come to a zero so join aussie pythons. :wink:

I do ask oldfella....thats the thing though, everyone has different ideas and yet even though we speak to peolpe with years of experience, i have been told the total opposite of what some of the things i have read in this thread. anyways, i'm really confident in the information in which i beleive is kosher (all recommended by the experienced in my area) and so far i couldnt be happier with the way my BHP's are going, but thanks alot for the list anyway as i will no doubt heed your advise and keep asking qu. to the successful "older ones". Cheers :)
By the way old fella, i reckon that your BHP's are really nice looking.....nuthin wrong with the colouring there - nice patterns :D

Looks like I have lot of breeding pairs also. :eek:

Mr.K said:
I do ask oldfella....thats the thing though, everyone has different ideas and yet even though we speak to peolpe with years of experience, i have been told the total opposite of what some of the things i have read in this thread. anyways, i'm really confident in the information in which i beleive is kosher (all recommended by the experienced in my area) and so far i couldnt be happier with the way my BHP's are going, but thanks alot for the list anyway as i will no doubt heed your advise and keep asking qu. to the successful "older ones". Cheers :)
By the way old fella, i reckon that your BHP's are really nice looking.....nuthin wrong with the colouring there - nice patterns :D

What have you read on here the contradicts what you have been told?

Remember - it's the internet. People are full of confidence due to the anonymous nature of it...just because you read it doesn't make it true.

RE: Re: RE: Can anyone lend me 10k...:(

i was told from 2 different ppl,both very experienced reptile keeper,2 completely diiferent things.
One said BHPs are easier than rabbits to breed and the other said they were they hardest reptile to breed,

Can anyone lend me 10k....:(

:D Sxereturn theres a lot crap on the internet and in publications also.Usually revolves around myth perpetuation.Theres a few with blackheads .Maybe it makes people feel better to give an excuse for there ignorance of reptile husbandry.Allot of those myths have to do with fertility in bhps whever male or female.All i can say is that its a size thing as brian barnett told me and that also is backed up by Dr Richard Shine in his book "Australian snakes a natural history" its a book put together from research not myths.Yeah all ican say is that some people will never get them to breed ever regardless of age,its a husbandry thing more than an age thing! :wink: :wink:

RE: Can anyone lend me 10k....:(

I want to know when the price of blackheads will come down so the missus will let me get some. Surely more people successfully breed them every year so therefore there are more around. Im sure the breeders of these totally awesome pythons probably don't want me to bring this up, but every year there seems to be more and more advertised for sale but the prices never seem to go down. Then you see a lot of people start advertising a "two year old breeding pair" which creates the idea that "OH this guys selling a two year old breeding pair, Why would he want to do that?, Must be short for cash, I'll get myself a bargan because he's desperate for cash". Meanwhile its just some breeder who couldn't sell them as hatchies or yearlings because they were to expensive so he holds on to them for another year and tacks on another 300 squid at least and sells them as "a breeding pair" to make them sound more attractive. Im sorry if this ticks people off but its my opinion and I reckon there are a lot of people out there more concerned with making a quick buck than simply doing it for the love of reptiles.

RE: Can anyone lend me 10k....:(

There are more Chondro's in NSW than Stimsoni. Stimsoni are $150 as hatchlings, Chonro's are $5000+...

:D Trouser they dont hatch as many females for eg the female i got from Roy Pails was the only fem in about 13 hatchies. So naturally they are in shorter supply and a higher price is a result.Males can be obtained for a lower price.Always by captive bred and its safer to by juvs for that reason. :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back