Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was feeding some of our Carpets that are housed in aviaries on them yesterday, and forgot that I left the plastic tub with a kilo of chicken necks in the aviary...I went out an hour later and there was one enormously fat Carpet Python and an empty tub...

lol, i started feeding chicken necks to my coastals a couple of months back and they love them, easly take 2-3 per feed and i get them for about $2 a kg

Just finished feeding yearling jungles chicken necks, loved them.
3 of my adult jungles go crazy over drumsticks as do adult bhp's. At the moment I'm looking after a couple of 2y.o. woma, they also loved the chicken necks.

I guess it is debatable as to whether they have the same value as rodents. They do make a GREAT stand by when rodents are running low. I know of a couple of guys who feed about 75% chicken and their snakes are fine,look good and breed each year.

Someone mention the hormone factor, State and I think Federal legislation banned the use of hormones in chickens about 15 years ago.

I might have to give this a go with my Diamond. He became a really fussy eater after winter last year, refusing rats whereas he used to love them before. Now a days he'll only eat a large mouse every month or so... think I might call past the pet food shop on the way home!
That is ok Diamonds are speose to be slender 7 good rats a year they get lots of problems when they get feed to much and r not likely 2 breed when over weight....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back