Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deb64

Reaction score
I would be very interested if everyone thought back to their very early herp days and could name the 1 person/group or site that they have the highest regard for due to the time and patience that was given to them during their early learning process.

I believe in *giving credit where credit is due* and there are a lot of silent people out there who I believe have helped bring the standard of herp care up to what it is today through their tolerance of all newbies and their dedicataion to teaching others how to correctly care for our beloved reptiles.
Feel free to include some of the *blonde moments* that this poor person/people had to suffer through with you I know I have MANY to include... (dont look so surprised)..lol

on that note... please dont include names if you know that special someone prefers to stay out of the limelite... they will know who they are by what you have written.... But I think it would be a nice gesture..especially if you havent spoken to them in a long while to remind them of how much you appreciate all they did for you

I havnt got a perticular person i would like to thank but i would like to thank every member on aussie pythons that have given me some advice because i have received advice from many members on here so

THANKS EVERYONE FOR PUTTING ME AT EASE WHEN IM WORRIED ABOUT MY PYTHON'S

i would like 2 thank 2 people who have helped me (1) brendon mr bredli 4 4 bein there 4 my annouying qestions an helpin me out heaps with my 1st bredli python an second indicus themain who i brought my hypo bredli off thank you 4 everything you have done 4 me

thaks guys sam

I would like to thank Serpenttounge on behalf of APS members. He has always been patient with questions asked by people new to the hobby and his advice is always spot on. He never boasts about his expertise (like some members) but always has a kind word for beginners.

i would like to thank every one on APS you have all be a great help. and Pugsley. he has helped heaps with my beardie and with any other questions i have need to ask him

Thanks

Hally

I will wait till I win the Albino carpet & the Bredli before I praise Simon :p

But in all honesty, anyone & everyone in this hobby with a bit of knowledge that I have had the time to sit down, have a bourbon & a conversation with deserves my thanks. I do have my favourites & those I really appreciate, most of whom are the big names in the hobby but to name them all would take too long & to miss any would be un-fair.

Hrmmm... That's a hard one, particularly as my early herping was done without the knowledge of Australian Herp sites. The people who helped me during my 'fresh' learning period (and lets face it, we are always learning) were from websites such as redtailboa, herpkingdom and moreliapythons. Names such as BWSmith, and Julius Squeezer, Toker, Ponderosa, Ravnos and even Louise.

I really didn't even know Australian Herpers existed until I found ATR and then AussiePythons. I was pretty much going it alone and learning as I went.

I have no recognised heroes, no names in print that I aspire to meeting. I have many herper friends both online and in the flesh now and each one has helped me in their own way.

There are those that helped me medicate my big Olive Boy and Girl, and those that offered assistance if I needed it. The person that enabled me to get my first beautiful big brown tree snake and who now wishes he still had him ;). The person that got me hooked on Murray Darlings and Green tree snakes and taught me how to feed a Green Tree Hatchling. The lady that taught me how to feed a troubled Pink Tongue Skink. The people that sold me my first water python, so I could prove to myself they didn't deserve their nasty reptutaion. The person that helped me through my RI and blisters with medical and treatment advice. The two, now anonymous people that sold their 'furas and enabled me to study and start my own Arafura love affair. The man that sold me my first carpet python and then the next and the next and the next, and then enabled me to have Blind Betty, a blind maculosa I love deeply and have probably learnt the most from. The same man that got me involved in reptile rehabilitation.

There are more out there, the list is endless of people who have offered advice, or enabled me to learn. People that offered a shoulder or ear when I was grieving. Or people that uttered a passing comment I remembered later that enabled me to learn more about the creatures I love and care for. Even people that ask dumb questions, that make me sit up and think, gee, there are others that need to be educated. And there are the people I watch, that take the time and have the patience to educate them.

:)

Joe & chilli, austy, les whyte, alot of aps & herp house members too many to name.

I would like to thank John Howard for all his contribution to the reptile world.

Fydor Dostoyevsky

Yeah me too, legend.

Def a mate of mine 'West' prob had 50,000 phone calls from me haha.

Oh and APS without this site I can't imagine where I would be, so many people on here give great tips and advice, I have learnt a wealth of information even just using the 'Search' engine.

WOW thanks heaps for all your responses....
It is facinating seeing so many names pop up who have helped such a great number of us all for so many years...
We are so fortunate to be able to gain knowledge and experience so readily from such awesome people..
TO ALL YOU DEDICATED EDUCATORS out there.... THANKYOU from so many of us

I have to say my first experience with herpers came 6 months after the purchase of our 1st python.... much to my discust as I was totally terrified of snakes..even the tiny worm that was delivered to my son....
That tiny worm ended up being a total nutter who soon had my son bluffed with her antics... and guess who was left to care for her?? the biggest chicken out..... BUT.. I soon found that 20mins after taking a sleeping tablet was the best time for me to approach the lil demon... I was too zonked to care what she did
I found a number for a Qld herp club.. spoke to a lovely lady Sandee who has helped me heaps over the years. Through her I was introduced to Repchat.... many a blonde question came from me in there ... but best of all is I made my most special herp friends through that lil room....
The main poor buggers who have had to tollerate all my stupid questions for so long and who I have the utmost respect for are....
TheQuiet1 ......without Ron my python days would have ended long ago.. he swapped my DEMON for an adorable male maccie that helped restore my confidence totally.... after 12 months I was even ready to take my DEMON back..she is now so loved they even fell in lust and gave me 13 adorable lil cobra.x.macs
Sandee.. for getting me started with my 1st vitts and for geting me hooked on dragons...and selling me the most awesome lil Bredli :) and helping me through so many dramas
Todd...for helping my collection along with some more lovely lil macs and a 3 wonderful athertons
Tim Nias... Gawd where do I start with this guy.. he has made it possible for me to have some of the most awesome herp experiences and has always been more than helpful with any concerns i have had with my pythons
Dougie.. (one of those quiet but very dedicated and helpful guys who stays in the background a lot) has always been able to be counted on for advice and support with any of my herp issues..
Snappytom.... for talking me through step by step..litterally... the successful cooling. mating, laying, incubating of my 1st breeding attempt...With his help and the help and the advice of Fangz, Dougie and a few others I was soon a proud nan
Rob Porter has also been a great help over the years and his given me some great advice.
LUV YA GUYS and the many others who have helped me along the way..you know who you are

Brian Bush helped me out heaps back in the old days, He is still a good mate. Cheers to Brad Maryan as well. These 2 herpers are still icons of W.A herpetology and are true, unsung heros.
P.S - no-one tell em I said that.

I havnt got a perticular person i would like to thank but i would like to thank every member on aussie pythons that have given me some advice because i have received advice from many members on here so

THANKS EVERYONE FOR PUTTING ME AT EASE WHEN IM WORRIED ABOUT MY PYTHON'S

**** mate, they are still alive after you took advice from here ???? Commendable husbandry my friend, commendable :)

i would like 2 thank 2 people who have helped me (1) brendon mr bredli 4 4 bein there 4 my annouying qestions an helpin me out heaps with my 1st bredli python an second indicus themain who i brought my hypo bredli off thank you 4 everything you have done 4 me

thaks guys sam

Mate, if you PM Slatey he'll help you out with your spelling too :)

I would like to thank Serpenttounge on behalf of APS members. He has always been patient with questions asked by people new to the hobby and his advice is always spot on. He never boasts about his expertise (like some members) but always has a kind word for beginners.

Here here Greebs, very well said indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back