Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
good question !
how could it be a "good" question, I think its terrible question why would you wanna cross breed own snakes like that, I can only imagine ( John Lennon){ a reminder of a previous thread } what monstrosity will emerge from such events

If you all think its such a bad thing, why cant any of you answer the question?
Tourett

IMO, I would prefer that people didn't cross breed, why? Because some people that do, and have trouble selling the offspring try and palm them off as one full species or another, rather than crosses, now I haven't got a problem with people doing this if they correctly and honestly represent the offspring, but I know for a fact that it doesn't always happen, and unfortunately alot of newbies to the hobby get mislead the most, which is a shame. I personaly wouldn't be interested in any of the crosses I have seen in Australia at present.

I know that cross breeding of different carpet pythons will happen lot more in the future with the newly available albino's, but in the main I am sure these will be correctly represented, as the offspring will be valuable animals, in fact I look forward to seeing what can be produced.

Neil

I dont think its a bad thing if done properly ie not passing something of as something its not, i honestly cant wait to see what happens in the next ten yrs in this country, dont get me wrong i love what we have in this country thats why i have them,
But bring on the colours MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :twisted:
HERE WE GO AFRO LOL

I do not believe that cross breeding is good because it mixes up the breeds. However, many years ago I crossed a Kreffts turtle with a Macquarie Turtle quite a few times. I did not purposely set out to do this, but the only female I had was a Macquarie and tha only male I had was a Kreffts and nature took its course.

The interesting thing is that now the prodigy from this mating is now producing young with great success. This is very interesting in light of the theory that the Kreffts is not a distinct species but only a subspecies of Macquarie anyway.

hehehe settle there womas! lol...i dont hav a distinct problem with ppl crossing different snake species in regards to getting the breeds mixed up, however id be more worried about what possible health issues it could cause with the species and whether its actually worth the risk. JMO anyways, peace out dudes 8)

pythonrockchikky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back