Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i want a pygmy x scrub python, or a jungle x stimsons.

cross em, cross em all
I agree. I can't wait to get my hands on some of those WA stimmies and breed them with my childreni to see what happens!

I have no real problem with it if, as others have said and I have said before, the resulting young are properly represented. Some of the crosses I have seen are stunning. I think it is much the same question as 'exotics or not', people feel very strongly about it and there appears to be little common ground. That is fine, as individuals you would expect that. I say bring it on BUT in a responsible manner and not to the exclusion of breeding pure animals.

too much potential for disease or impurities. its not natural for this to happen so i don't think that we should do it.

i'm interested to know who here that is really against it has cross bred dogs or domestic cats! the main things that concern me are like others have said, the lies about what you're being sold, and whether so much cross breeding will go on that it will be hard to ensure the purity of non-crossbred snakes...or hard to find one.

I am not against it.

I would be interested to see what would come of it. Different colours etc.

But one of the many problems would be that iresponsable owners letting cross breed animals escape or intentionally released into the wild, then have them breed with wild pure blood animals.

You cant say it wouldn't happen becuase the human race has stuffed everything else.

Who would would say no to either one of those??/

No body here. not even the do gooders. :twisted:

I have to agree, those animals are awesome. I just think there is a place for them alongside the pure blood animals. I like both and as I have said if done in a responsible manner is fine.

Don't worry Liberated i am not going to cross breed.
Playwell there nice snakes what is the white one (first pic) a cross with?

cross breeding happens in all species and if you want to get technical we also do in humans.
say that some pythons might decide they like the look of that other species and they fall in love (on aps lol) and jump on a plane to melb and make babies!

cant say it could never happen hey?

Come on! lets all get down and get dirty! stuff the master race,make some marvellous mutants ,chondro x jungle then cross it with a rough scaled python x albino darwin. :twisted: :twisted:

nah
dino x elephant!
no, no, no,
iguanna x komodo
NO!
GTF x Jungle!

oh wait hold on thats taking it a bit to far ;)

Green tree frog and jungle Bry???? That could be tricky! :lol:

Re: RE: Cross Breeding

OuZo said:
i'm interested to know who here that is really against it has cross bred dogs or domestic cats!

Cross breed dogs or cats is different. We are talking about the same SPECIES. The breeds in this situation have been selectively bred for many generations to get different looking animals but are still the same species.
An snake example would be breeding a selectively bred high yellow diamond with a black and white diamond.

The cross breeding talked about in this thread is things such as crossing a jungle with a diamond (which are different sub-species for now) which would be the kinda the same as humans breeding with apes.

RE: Re: RE: Cross Breeding

That picture defeats the purpose of a GTP. 'Green" being the important word. It looks stupid in my opinion.

RE: Re: RE: Cross Breeding

Ok... so you don't like the GTP Ether, I still dont think you would turn it down if offered to you.
It looks like a hatchling so I think it's colour still may change. But who am I.(No one)

But would you not like to have the white Carpet Python?

I think we are a long....................LONG way behind America so we probly will not even see such a snake even on display in Australia.

(I dont think Carpet Pythons look like carpet, so whats in a name.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back