Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
came home tonight to see another perfect shed, lets hope this helps stimulate more colour change.

Pics from today :)

DSCF8026.jpg

DSCF8028.jpg

awsome mate. Can't wait to see some green come through on mine. Pretty happy with the white spots though. If he looks anything like it's old man I'll be very happy.

Attachments

• GTPmale.jpg
    GTPmale.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 313
re Definate

awsome mate. Can't wait to see some green come through on mine. Pretty happy with the white spots though. If he looks anything like it's old man I'll be very happy.

Yeh,its a cracker that one,the photo says it all !

Got a touch of blue on its nose,fair bit of green on its head,looking good!

Yeh, actually I am just noticing that from staring at these pics too, where the green started, its actually going blue now... I certainly wont go getting my hopes up, but I could think of worse outcomes than a high blue phaze hehehehe

wow mayhem yours is changing quickly congratz..... mine is still the same :(,

Yeh, actually I am just noticing that from staring at these pics too, where the green started, its actually going blue now... I certainly wont go getting my hopes up, but I could think of worse outcomes than a high blue phaze hehehehe

Hey mate any more pics or updates on the colour change?

Hey mate any more pics or updates on the colour change?

I've been freaking out about my temps the last few days, I had it balanced out quite well over the last few months so that with the settings it would self regulate between daytime 31deg and night time 28deg consistantly, but these colder winter nights that have really kicked in the last week have really started messing around with the nice little balancing act I had there :(

So anyway, I've been focusing more on trying to stabilize this the last few days and nights and havent really had him out of his enclosure at all to take pics!

I've gotta do the regular clean out tomorrow, so I'll snap some more pics then.

I have noticed the first bit of his "neck" starting to go the "dirty" looking colour that his head first kind of seemed to be before i noticed it was turning green, so I think thats the body change starting.

More pics in the morning (he's in super night time hunting mode at the moment)

the worst thing about a gtp is when they turn green they look heaps better yellow or red but hey thats just me ;)

just a QUestion; how are u guys keeping ur humidity up?

Daily spraying, but I let it dry out to about 60/70% humidity every few days if it has remained above 90% for too long.
My little one doesnt usually drink off his/her coils, I havent noticed drinking from the bowl either (although im sure it happens, just when I arnt looking) but he will readily drink from the condensation/spray droplets on the walls of his enclosure, even in front of me.

I've been freaking out about my temps the last few days, I had it balanced out quite well over the last few months so that with the settings it would self regulate between daytime 31deg and night time 28deg consistantly, but these colder winter nights that have really kicked in the last week have really started messing around with the nice little balancing act I had there :(

So anyway, I've been focusing more on trying to stabilize this the last few days and nights and havent really had him out of his enclosure at all to take pics!

I've gotta do the regular clean out tomorrow, so I'll snap some more pics then.

I have noticed the first bit of his "neck" starting to go the "dirty" looking colour that his head first kind of seemed to be before i noticed it was turning green, so I think thats the body change starting.

More pics in the morning (he's in super night time hunting mode at the moment)

this cold is getting very frustrating here in sydney to. i keep thinking when i leave the house, i hope my globe doesn blow, my little worm will freeze :)

just a QUestion; how are u guys keeping ur humidity up?

Daily spraying. I spray mine usually in the evenings, and by the time the next night comes the cage should have dried off. Once you have done it a few times you roughly know how many sprays you need each time. I don't believe it is good for the animal to have the cage wet all the time. Other than sprayining just the cage I also give the animals a light mist and just about each time they will drink off themselves. Also for animal hydration every feed I give them the animals are defrosted in warm water and ofered quite wet. With this method I have never experienced any shed problems or prolapse problems. I believe everyone is different and if you are having succes with a particular method stick to it!

Took some pics yesterday, was g/f's 21st, so wasn't able to get them posted - but alas, I can now.. :) 1 sec will grab camera and will post them in the next post.

Head is pretty much totally solid green now, definate green changes occuring down the neck and even further down, clearly showing as dots of green!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back