Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

instar

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
6.30pm - 7.30pm | Seven
The World Around Us Australia's Deadliest Destinations - Part 1

Documentary | (G) | 60 mins |
Featuring the most remote and forbidding landscapes, lethal creatures and death-defying stories of survival on the world's largest island, Australia. Including chilling stories of assault and escape, from deadly jellyfish, to survival in the Australian snow, a crocodile dentist and the trials of an outback snake wrangler.

~10.30pm - 11.31pm | National Geographic
The Ultimate Crocodile (2002) (USA)
Documentary | (PG) | 60 mins |
Travel to the wilds of Africa to track the Nile crocodile, one of Earth's deadliest and most feared killers. Once nearly decimated by hunters, these mighty giant crocodiles are making an amazing comeback. Now, in a land where lions rule the savannah, Nile crocodiles are reclaiming the rivers. The Nile crocodile is an ancient species, it has haunted Africa's waters since the age of dinosaurs. Yet in over 60 million years, this stealthy creature has changed little. A croc in its prime can reach 18 feet in length or longer, and weigh nearly a ton. It can lunge several feet in the blink of an eye and subdue prey as large as a buffalo. Some can even hold their breath for over an hour. Such assets like these help make the Nile crocodile one of the most successful predators on the planet. Witness the daily lives of these remarkable reptiles as they hunt, breed, and survive under the hot African sun.

Tommorrow~

11.00am - 12.00pm | Seven
The Most Extreme Swarm

Nature | (G) | 60 mins |
Get ready to be mobbed by the top ten most extreme swarms on the planet.

Damn I have to start work at 6:30. I am already going to have to tape the F1 tomorrow night. I hate working weekends.

Looks like a bloke gets bitten on the nose by an inland taipan in the shorts...it's on now anyway.

Re: RE: DONT MISS TV Tonight

BROWNS said:
Looks like a bloke gets bitten on the nose by an inland taipan in the shorts...it's on now anyway.

so whats the go with this dude..people have been telling me all day..but they dont know his name or anything...can someone tell who got bitten and by what?

RE: Re: RE: DONT MISS TV Tonight

just watched it then his name is rex. or something he lives in NT and just catches and is a snake handler or somethin prob has plenty of his own. He got tagged by a King Brown then but only a dry bite.

Moron for holding it 1cm from his nose just as he was explaining that dogs do it and get bitten on the nose and BAM!

That was so bloody stupid,he was playing the hero and got nailed,he was soooo lucky it was a dry bite as he just finished explaining if a dog got bitten in the head especially, it would be dead in minutes then he goes and holds it smack in front of his own face the goose and wamo!!!

It makes me cringe seeing people bitten like that, but i must admit i find it a little amusing. Ok so i laughed my head off. I'm crazy but not suicidal- i wouldn't put a snake like that so close to my face.

Simone.

well I have another 20 minutes before its on here so I better get the popcorn ready.
sorry simone but I think that V8's are a litte bit more dangerous than any of our snakes and the statistics agrree with me . Cars are the real Killers, lets erradicate them, they are evil, the devil invented them to do his work.....

Here we go, I better get out of her before Simone reads this

Hahahahaha Westaussie, Real men drive V8's. And girls, well they can if they want to.
That's all i have to say ;-)

Simone

a bit disapointing he didn't go to hospital

Yeah that would have been good to watch (from our point of view not his) would have made it a bit more exciting :)

Yeah it would do reptiles the world of good if that happened.They keep showing docos on Austar etc where supposed pro snake handlers keep getting bitten by vens.No wonder snakes get a bad rap with the amount of tv people watch these days :roll:

yeah but there's that many of us around now that people are starting to relise they are great pets

We are still way outnumbered by snake hater juke,way outnumbered!

I'm not holding my breath on that change Duke. My friend has held my Diamond Python hatchy- a twin that is almost pathetic in size and he was so freaked about it biting, and was still freaked after he had handed it back to me. The cute little guy hasn't moved back quickly, it's quite content with having a nosey. Beautiful animal and he was still carrying on about oh my god it might bite me. This is a guy who'd take on an army but is terrified over a widdle snakey.

Simone.

yeah but I know people who are scared of dogs, moths, cockroaches, cats, everyone is scared of something and I think eventually snakes won't be the majority out of those I just mentioned.
I have 6 kids that live next door to me and they all love our snakes and so do thier friends, these kids range from 4 to 16 so if that is any thing to go off the future will be all about reptile!

what abt king of the jungle the other night could not find a 10ft python in the middle of a mown paddoc tossers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back