Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slats

Reaction score
I am feeding tonight.
Is anyone else?
Lets get some pics going, I am defrosting so wont be long.
Nom Nom Nom

I feed stuff every night , but only feeding baby coastals tonight , not that exciting!

well i took a video, but my camera ran out of battery half way through swallowing, no1 wrote on the thread when i asked "should i put it up anyway" so i assumed no1 was interested in watching it. bloody awesome to watch a snake go fishing and im pretty proud of my baby eating whilst i handle her. not a single post though. after all the helpful, useless and annoying things i have written on other peoples posts. hurt :cry:

Not in this thread you didnt.
but sounds interesting, chucker up
I forgot to take photos feeding until about 2 mins ago and ran in to find that one of the darwins still had a tail out of his mouth.
Excuse the quality.
And jungle before it fed.

IMGP5088.jpgIMGP5095.jpg

I have just fed 2 blonde spotteds (hatchies) 2 bredli (hatchies) and 4 6ft sw carpets well 3 the big female has milky eyes and doesnt seem to interested in eating . I didnt get pics off the hatchies as they are still a bit shy and i dont want to make em spit out there food and the south westerns are a bit agro so i dont put my hand any where near them when they eat except for the big male , his pretty cool ( because he is the only 1 that hasnt struck at me :) ) and lets me put my hand and camera in there while his eating , i got a pic off him taking down mouse number 6 ill put the pic up tommorow .
If you are trying to fatten up a female (snake :) ) before cooling is it a good idea to feed them a fatty rabit or better to keep feeding her rats?
Im going to get some food on tuesday and dont know if i should try a rabbit or not .

cheers nico

Well im not cooling them myself im looking after the south westerns for another member who is moving interstate and im trying to get them nice and full for the owner before he breeds them . Im still a newbie and thought the male and female need cooling , Is it just males that need cooling ?
So is high fat food good or bad before breeding ? All 4 sw carpets were brought up on mice so some times they wont take rats and will eat 5-8 mice but thats a lot off mice to feed every time so i have been using rats , if they dont take a rat i try a chicken and if all else fails i go the mice , i just thought a rabbit might be good to bulk them up a bit before breeding .

cheers nico

Rabbits are pretty slim and low in fat... I wouldn't bother.
All of the animals I'm breeding this year have stopped eating by now though.

I tried to add this last night but didn't succeed. So I’ll try again. This is my 6 month old Blonde Spotted. It was his first try on rats last night. He took it no problems at all. He started inside his click clack but then decided he wanted to eat it hanging off the outside. Back home when finished.
IMG_1361.jpgIMG_1367.jpgIMG_1386.jpgIMG_1387.jpg

Nothing to exciting just my young Bredli's having a feed. First 3 are my female and the last one is my male
IMGP4057.jpgIMGP4058.jpgIMGP4059.jpgIMGP4060.jpg

HI, here is my 14 months old spotted girl having a velvet, sorry guys and girls, need a new camera
PICT0011.jpgPICT0019.JPGPICT0015.jpg

Attachments

• PICT0018.jpg
    PICT0018.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 48
  • PICT0016.jpg
    PICT0016.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 45
well i took a video, but my camera ran out of battery half way through swallowing, no1 wrote on the thread when i asked "should i put it up anyway" so i assumed no1 was interested in watching it. bloody awesome to watch a snake go fishing and im pretty proud of my baby eating whilst i handle her. not a single post though. after all the helpful, useless and annoying things i have written on other peoples posts. hurt :cry:

Awesome snake you have, probably worth getting it onto a more diverse diet if it feeds that easily. They are much more interesting than boring pythons :)
Its often the stupidest threads that get the most posts, with exception of the Elapid thread and the Colubrid thread from the site before the last one. If something is obviously good, not everyone posts its good, because then they will have a high post count of barely relevant posts (i would never do such thing) ;)

Awesome snake you have, probably worth getting it onto a more diverse diet if it feeds that easily. They are much more interesting than boring pythons :)
Its often the stupidest threads that get the most posts, with exception of the Elapid thread and the Colubrid thread from the site before the last one. If something is obviously good, not everyone posts its good, because then they will have a high post count of barely relevant posts (i would never do such thing) ;)

haha true true, i will get her onto the occasional pinkie rat possibly, but i want to see how i go with just plain ol fish in multi-v batter! common tree snakes liver is apparently not meant to cope with rats and mice long term, although pepole do have success, i know two people now who can possibly attribute their CTS death with a diet of rats and mice and why risk it when i know i can get untreated fish and batter em in reptile multivitamins.

here is the youtube link as requested:

[video=youtube;Ay16joyFVQA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay16joyFVQA[/video]

sye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back