Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay- the mice. What do I do about them?
I start with pinkies- how often? How big?
And where do you get them?

Don't stress about being tagged. I had Bellatrix on my arm while I was watching TV and she got up under my collar. I hooked my thumb under her on the same side to move her, and she clamped onto the soft skin on the side of my neck! It didn't actually hurt, more one of those "silly me" moments. After about 30 seconds of this little hatchie not letting go I got the giggles, went to the kitchen, opened the freezer door, leaned into the cold air and she let go.

As for them not being arboreal... mine spends most of her time in one of her hides, but she comes out for a cruise every now and then (especially at night) and spends some time climbing up the branch in her enclosure, wrapping herself around the light-cage, and doing her "look at me Dad, I'm pretending to be a brontosaurus' neck!" thing.

As for feeding... she hatched at the end of November last year so she's 9 1/2 months old and 50cm long overall. She gets a pinkie rat and a fuzzy mouse weekly. You'll be amazed how they can swallow food items that look way too big!

Sounds like they really are a nice snake.
Soooo... do you think I'm all set? Ready to send my order off to Snake Ranch? I'm all ready to do it... Any last minute objections towards the Blonde Spotted that I should know?
They are a good snake, aren't they?

all snakes are good snakes!

just remember that a snake will never be your friend. it will tolerate you until it sees fit and when it feels otherwise, you'll know about it. best piece of advice i was ever given about reptiles.

;)

Go for it! Looking at the 20/20 page my choices would be a blonde spotted or a Broome Stimsons, and looking at the dates it gives you heaps of time to get your enclosure set up, check temperature gradient etc.

Okay! That's good enough for me!
Have printed off the order form and am ready to go...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back