Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
i went to the Sydney Wildlife World.. took some photo's..

see if you can name each and every herp, theres 21, some of which are doubles.. name them twice!! and some of which arent exsactly herps. :D

dont bag my photography skills. its bloody hard to shoot a herp through glass.. :s

have fun..
IMGP0006.jpg

IMGP0009.jpg

IMGP0012.jpg

IMGP0014.jpg

IMGP0017-1.jpg

IMGP0020.jpg

IMGP0024-2.jpg

IMGP0029.jpg

IMGP0031.jpg

IMGP0033.jpg

IMGP0035.jpg

IMGP0038.jpg

IMGP0039.jpg

IMGP0043.jpg

IMGP0051.jpg

IMGP0055.jpg

IMGP0057.jpg

IMGP0070.jpg

IMGP0075.jpg

IMGP0083.jpg

IMGP0004.jpg

giggles at the wallaby's and the locusts.. ok well i just gave two of them away.. :)

lol i think you walked in on a couple of species 'private time'

pretty good photos considereing, some are great! : )

Couldn't name them to save myself (except the caowary and koala), but the photos are really good. Thanks for sharing.

Nice pics ,couldn't tell you what they all are thou

that's a great pic of the eastern brown and the red belly black... really show off their cranky eyes!
what are the snakes in the 4th pic.. not sure of that one.
and the second pic of the diamond looks like milky pre shed eyes.. or is it just reflection?
all he pics are great mate.. I like the monitors too... well done.

i was led to beleive they had a 'vast variety' and found my self with some basic snakes, and a few dragons/skinks.

they had 'the venomous' and some pythons diamond, bhp, woma, childrens, scrub etc. and the brown, red belly black, death adder.. and frillies, eastern beardies, blueys, and a few monitors..

it was probably the equivelent to a large collection.. but it was 'small' compaired to a normal zoo.. and you walk through the place real fast..

if the place was bigger, and JUST reptiles, of course i would have had a ball.. but they had as many reptiles as alice springs reptile park did, and that was only the size of a small house..

although, the enclosures were AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! huge, spacious and very well made.. i was happy to see th eUV source of megarays from reptileuv.com :D which made me supper happy.. some of the dragons looked a little thing, little fat stores.. but they looked pretty well housed..

im not sure how they got so many frillies, considering each male has a territory that usually extends a few killometers.. (or so ive read) and they must have had around 10.. so mayby a male with 9 females... (i doubt it)

the most active herp was the large monitors, who glass danced.. as small children teased them for a light snack..

they've done a good job, for the amount of space they have, whilst showing their natural environment, in lovely enclosures..

the fourth pic is a PILE of three scrub pythons.. :D

thanks the camera was only 7 something megapixels.. these are the best of the photo's.. i'd love to get int he enclosures and do a real photo shoot.. then again who wouldnt.. :D

no ones up for a game of trivia, im a dragon guy, and i can name MOST of those snakes.. were are all the REAL herpers!!!!????

bredli
diamond
jungle
scrubbies
reb belly black
death adder
taipan
dodgy pic possibly a mertins water monitor
stumpy
frillneck
sand goanna
central netted dragon
beardie
perenti(spelling)
wallabies
cassowary(spelling)
koala
stumpy
eastern brown
diamond
locusts

how was that??

Not too good with reptiles but lucky the kangaroo/wallaby knew the heimlich maneuver. That poor choking kangaroo he's saving could have died :)

to my memory the answers are as follows.. (yippe i have 1 player..)

1. central carpet python.
2. diamond python
3. jungle
4. three scrub pythons
5. red belly black snake
6. death adder
7. taipan
8. black headed monitor
9. shingle back lizard
10. frilled neck lizard
11. perenti (sp?) monitor juveniles..
12. central netted dragon
13. eastern beardied dragon (juvenile)
14. perenti (sp?) adult
15. two wallabies and one dirty deed...
16. cassowary
17. Koala
18. western blue tongue skink
19. eastern brown ( i think) your guess is better than mine.. !!
20. diamond python
21. two locusts, one dirty deed...

im not even a snake person.. then again i got the help of a couple of signs above the enclosures a couple of hours ago.. cheating on google images doesnt really help either...

19's got my stumped tho..

'mines bigger' you did well, there were a few you got wrong.. you said 18. was a stumpy, its a western blue tongue, same family.. although when i first saw it i though it was a shingle X bluey.. they're bloody ugly IMO..

Not too good with reptiles but lucky the kangaroo/wallaby knew the heimlich maneuver. That poor choking kangaroo he's saving could have died :)

i had to explain to my 8 yr old brother 'they were playing leap frog' when my step dad stepped in (as step dads do) and explained they were making 'baby wallabies' to which he replied, "arent wallaby's baby kangaroo's?" and then froze realising what he was talking about.. thank god the poor child still thinks it only 'rolling around on a bed' (with underwear ;) )

anyway, anybody else wanna try.. (even tho the answers are up)

here are my guesses:

bredli
broad headed
b/g jungle
scrubbys
RBBS
some kind of adder
taipan(inland or coastal?)
possibly a pygmy mulga monitor?
stumpy
frill neck
sand monitor
central netted
beardie
perentie
wallaby
cassowary
western blue tongue
Eastern brown
Diamond
locusts

Wats my score out of 21?

I would of said number 3 is a coastal? Just the first impression looking at it, looks too large or fat or something to be a jungle. Probably wrong though! lol

Nice photos anyway :D

1. Bredli
2. Diamond
3. Jungle
4. Scrub
5. RBBS
6. Adder
7. Colletts
8. Monitor?
9. Shingleback
10. Frilly
11. Perenti
12. EWD
13. Bearded
14. Perenti
15. Wallaby
16. Cassawary
17. Koala
18. Blue-Tongue
19. Mulga (changed back)
20. Diamond
21. Locust
:) How'd I do? :)

Last edited:
I would of said number 3 is a coastal? Just the first impression looking at it, looks too large or fat or something to be a jungle. Probably wrong though! lol

Nice photos anyway :D

it was reasonably big, larger than the BHP they had, do you really think its coastal.. im no snake guy, and my answers arent for definate, well not that one.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back