Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the same to start, but I reckon it has a jungle head.

number 3's enclosure it was suprisingely long, the bottom one was from were you see the tail, all twisted in that large-ish palm plant..

IMGP0013.jpg

by size, coastal or jungle? (there is two there..)

3. is definately a Jungle
8. is a Black Headed Monitor
19. is a Mulga snake

...everyone has all the others no dramas...

Kirby - I actually disagree with you in regards to their collection - I thought it was fantastic - the only place in Sydney that comes close to a better collection of Australian Herps is Featherdale...the other zoos generally have a far more limited selection of native reptiles...

What makes the difference at Wildlife World is their enclosures are amazing and house a variety of different reptiles in each - for instance I LOVED the enclosure with the Frillies, Black Heads, Hosmers in it...also, the Boyds enclosure was spectacular...

I had very low expectations going there but was VERY impressed...

3. is definately a Jungle
8. is a Black Headed Monitor
19. is a Mulga snake

...everyone has all the others no dramas...

Kirby - I actually disagree with you in regards to their collection - I thought it was fantastic - the only place in Sydney that comes close to a better collection of Australian Herps is Featherdale...the other zoos generally have a far more limited selection of native reptiles...

What makes the difference at Wildlife World is their enclosures are amazing and house a variety of different reptiles in each - for instance I LOVED the enclosure with the Frillies, Black Heads, Hosmers in it...also, the Boyds enclosure was spectacular...

I had very low expectations going there but was VERY impressed...

THERE WAS HOSMERS!!!!!!!!!!! i couldnt see the boyd's..

i had a high expectation, by all means its a great place.. but i expected more..

Nope :p

Come on! Where are the answers?

the answers have already been posted.. on page 1..

to my memory the answers are as follows.. (yippe i have 1 player..)

1. central carpet python. ,/
2. diamond python ,/
3. jungle ,/
4. three scrub pythons ,/
5. red belly black snake ,/
6. death adder ,/
7. taipan ,/
8. black headed monitor ,/
9. shingle back lizard ,/
10. frilled neck lizard ,/
11. perenti (sp?) monitor juveniles.. ,/
12. central netted dragon ,/
13. eastern beardied dragon (juvenile) ,/
14. perenti (sp?) adult ,/
15. two wallabies and one dirty deed... ,/
16. cassowary ,/
17. Koala ,/
18. western blue tongue skink ,/
19. eastern brown ( i think) your guess is better than mine.. !! X Mulga
20. diamond python ,/
21. two locusts, one dirty deed.. . ,/

im not even a snake person.. then again i got the help of a couple of signs above the enclosures a couple of hours ago.. cheating on google images doesnt really help either...

19's got my stumped tho..

'mines bigger' you did well, there were a few you got wrong.. you said 18. was a stumpy, its a western blue tongue, same family.. although when i first saw it i though it was a shingle X bluey.. they're bloody ugly IMO..

And corrected on page 2
i never said i knew them for certain.. :D its a bit of fun, and i can only recognise them from my little knowledge of snakes and what i can remember fromt he names ont he enclosures.. th eonly one i got wrong was the mulga, which i thought was a brown (it WAS 'brown'.. am i half right???) 20/21

1 Morelia spilota bredli
2 M. s. spilota
3 M. s. variegata (mcdowelli)
4 M. kinghorni
5 Pseudechis porphyriacus
6 Acanthophis antarcticus
7 Pseudonaja textilis (Notechis scutatus (chappell is form) in nexct enclosure) (Not a Taipan)
8 Varanus tristis tristis
9 Tiliqua rugosa aspera
10 Chlamydosaurus kingii
11 Varanus giganteus
12 Ctenophorus nuchalis
13 Pogona vitticeps
14 Varanus giganteus
15 Rock Wallaby Macropus sp
16 Southern Cassowary
17 Koala
18 Tiliqua occipitalis
19 Pseudechis australis
20 M. s. spilota
21 Locust

Cheers,
Scott Eipper

well that just shows how little i know about snakes..

haha, funny thing is a love th elook of bredli's but didnt like the central carpet python at the wildlife park.. oh dear.. :s

Kirby - The Bredli were very dull...

...in regards to the Boyds, the enclosure says there are five, I only managed to spot two :)

im so used to seeign bright red bredli's on here.. :D

as for the BOYDS.. i was absolutely kicking myself.. i could only spot the pinktongue.. the enclosures were really good.. i love how the whole place is faux rock..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back