Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
when i was speaking to him before he said he aint going for a mac any more. he is going for a diamond or a carpet alot better choice than his first. At least i think so.

Its a hatchling mac theres first prob. Only had two feeds theres the second prob and all expirenced python keepers no that young childrens are hard to get feeding if they stop.

Aaaarrrrrggh! Where's my brain? [I think I left it around here somewhere!]. :)

Oops! Sorry for the punctuation and spelling! I'll translate :

aaaarrrrrggh weres my brain i thnk i lft t round here sumwere

Sorry, but [personal opinion from me, not as a moderator], I tend to agree with Gregory. This site is not a mobile phone. My understand is that you abbreviate on a mobile phone to save space and time. [Mobile phone manufacturers have a lot to answer for, if you ask me!] :) Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of being able to skip posts that I don't like - I have to read them all! :-(

It doesn't take that much effort to press a couple of keys (,. and the shift key). I find it hard to believe that kids today really CAN'T punctuate and spell if they really try. All it takes is a little more time and care. I don't care about the odd spelling mistake or typo - God knows, I make those myself, but a little more effort to make the text readable would be appreciated from the older, fuddy-duddy set such as me! :-(

Exactly Lutzd... SMS is going to bring about the downfall of Australian literacy.

To stay on topic I can definitely recommend a diamond as a first snake. :)

Aaaarrrrrggh! Where's my brain? [I think I left it around here somewhere!].

Oops! Sorry for the punctuation and spelling! I'll translate :

aaaarrrrrggh weres my brain i thnk i lft t round here sumwere

Sorry, but [personal opinion from me, not as a moderator], I tend to agree with Gregory. This site is not a mobile phone. My understand is that you abbreviate on a mobile phone to save space and time. [Mobile phone manufacturers have a lot to answer for, if you ask me!] Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of being able to skip posts that I don't like - I have to read them all!

It doesn't take that much effort to press a couple of keys (,. and the shift key). I find it hard to believe that kids today really CAN'T punctuate and spell if they really try. All it takes is a little more time and care. I don't care about the odd spelling mistake or typo - God knows, I make those myself, but a little more effort to make the text readable would be appreciated from the older, fuddy-duddy set such as me!

there is another forum that I frequent that bans people using "L33t sp34k" and "AOL Speak." Quite a deterrent especially when it costs US$10 to join

look ether way i can't get a snake for myself this is to hard to say the write thing. i just want a first snake to love, most of u r preventing me from getting one becuase u say i'm not READY!!. the only one whos knows wen i ready is me!

so if u would just help me instead of making it hard by telling or letting most the breeders know not to sell me a snake.

its like a big shut off i can't get one anywhere now

thanx guys for the shut out and i hope u all know u have crushed my dreams of getting a snake becuase no one will sell me one now!

thanx heaps!

benjimen

hozy said:
look ether way i can't get a snake for myself this is to hard to say the write thing. i just want a first snake to love, most of u r preventing me from getting one becuase u say i'm not READY!!. the only one whos knows wen i ready is me!

so if u would just help me instead of making it hard by telling or letting most the breeders know not to sell me a snake.

its like a big shut off i can't get one anywhere now

thanx guys for the shut out and i hope u all know u have crushed my dreams of getting a snake becuase no one will sell me one now!

thanx heaps!

benjimen

:lol: :lol: Fire up Benny! :wink: You've got your war paint on now haven't you? :lol:

You'll find one mate, we just want you to be careful about your choices and how you'll look after it when you get it, that's all. If you lived here I'd recommend someone who has some nice Darwin hatchies (you'd get one immediately!).

Anything you get will tame down with proper handling and care. I'd personally avoid some of the Scub pythons and maybe even some of the Coastals (only due to their size). Bredlis are stunning snakes and don't grow to ridiculous sizes and have fantastic temperments.

All I can say is you're not looking hard enough as to where to buy one from. It seems to me that NSW has an overload of snake breeders there. If the breeder sees you are ready, and is satisfied you have the right gear to look after one, I can't see any reason as to why you couldn't buy one this weekend.

JMO
Luke.

ps: I read your post with ease this time :wink:

I dont think anyone is doubting your intention to own a snake and to care for one - what they are doubting is your maturity to be able to. Owning a snake is alot of work, not to mention that they are not the cheapest pet to own with a cheap python starting at around $150, not to mention the cost of an enclosure and food. Thats alot of money to throw away when you are no longer interested, or if something happens beyond your control.

Many of the breeders here have put alot of effort in breeding hatchlings and a hessitant to hand one over to someone who appears to not look after it properly. If you were selling your car which was your pride and joy, would you sell it to someone interested in entering it into the local stock car speedway championship? I dont think so and the breeders have the same sentiment with regards to their snakes.

What experience have you got with looking after animals? A cat, dog or even exotic fish are alot easier to look after in my opinion as feeding and grooming can be become routine and easy to remember. A snake isnt as easy because you need to record or remember when its time to start offering food to it again.

The only thing everyone is doing is making sure that their produce go into suitable hands, its a massive disappointment to have something die because it was neglected. For this reason it is the BREEDERS decision to sell you a snake, not yours

Great post Samma!!!

I think a coastal will be a great starter as i have said earlier. As for the size of them, its going to take a good 3-5 years for it to get to a big size anyway, and im sure in that time Hozy will have learnt the ins and outs of caring for it.

Go for a coastal Hozy, you cant go wrong mate.
Plus, there are a shedload available in the sydney area at the moment too.

well its just one big diapoint ment not knowing wat sites to look up for sale pythons on nsw its not that i don't know anything i know heaps about keeping a snake if i want u could ask me quetions.

if i answer them wrong i will be more likly to find out about quikly and then get back to u once i have understood the answer.

if you have any questions for me ask me now becuase i am here all day.

thanx i might get a coastal but its just i really wanted a diamond, becuase im brother in law had 2 but had to sell them one was injured and was on the mends and the other was a nice 6 foot and he was named monty now this snake was my inspiratio towards snakes thats one reason y i want a diamond becuase of the following reasons.

1.there are plenty around
2.very easy to hadle around kids/depends on the breed
3.very pretty snake to have
4.they r modaratly easy to keep
5.only one big factory about them/size
6.only one problem with the type of diamond is its virus it gets but thats only in the rarly factor.

but other than that i am willing to get a diamond or a coastal but if worst comes to worst i can always get a blonde for a first snake. thanx

beno

This is getting really boring. If you want a snake, make up your mind on what species you would like to keep and go buy one. There's heaps around!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back