Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i no mr.bredli, less than 1000 left and turning 1 into a hybrid, the snake itself isnt a shocker but should not be as it is!!!!!!!

It doesnt compare to a pure Stephens or Broady. It's pretty poor actually compared to the real things.

i no elapids r venomous, but honestly i have never heard of stephens, also wat the hell would a snake keeper be thinking keeping 2 diff. species elapids and breeding such a rare specimen?

They are both species of Hoplocephalus.

I hope it doesnt sell for that price and tempt further breedings.

Although I guess this will inspire something................

More collecting of H. bungaroides,
like any further inspiration was needeed.

thanx australis, i just hope it doesnt sell or tempt further hybrid breeding in general, but im sure their will be 1 in the crowd cooking up some eggs somewhere.....

re Hybrid

Bit sus,i know brian lazell has had a few pale headed x stephens for a while and they are written into the NPWS records,this one looks adult and havent heard about it,very ordinary looking.Looks like the same bloke has crossed diamonds and carpets also unless its someone else,a shame in my oppinion,wouldnt pay 2bob for either of them.

The pure Broady on RDU has now been sold. I wonder if the mongrel will sell? You'd have to be mad to pay money for that, thats a givaway animal IMO.

Whoever bred that thing ought to be shot. Hybridising an endangered species; what an absolute idiot.
I couldn't agree more. Had you not posted this i would have said the exact same thing. You echo my thoughts exactly.

Last edited by a moderator:
the breeder should have all his reptiles taken off him for such a act of stupidity in crossing two endangered snakes. It makes me just as mad a when people kill snakes for cause they feel like it.

Now I don't know much about the snakes in the sydney area, but seeing as these snakes are compatable for breeding with each other, If their territories where to overlap in nature is there a possibility of there being natural cross bred intergrades of this specie in the wild?

Stephens' Banded Snake Hoplocephalus stephensii Isnt found in Sydney,
so i dont think any natural intergration would occur in the wild ;)

I doubt it, Broadheads have a very limited distribution around Sydney. I don't believe Paleheads or Stephens are found in any of these locations.

Stephens' Banded Snake Hoplocephalus stephensii Isnt found in Sydney,
so i dont think any natural intergration would occur in the wild ;)

Yep, i don't think you'll find either much further south than Gosford.

Now I don't know much about the snakes in the sydney area, but seeing as these snakes are compatable for breeding with each other, If their territories where to overlap in nature is there a possibility of there being natural cross bred intergrades of this specie in the wild?

I guess so, i asked if it was wild caught in a previous post before properly reading that it was "created" in jonnos post (that is now also removed due to confusion on his part). I then reomoved the question and replaced with a :oops: i hope that makes sense :?

so is this thing man made or collected? if it came from the wild it could be a natural hybrid or integrade(going off distribution maps in cogger)

While there are intergrade carpet/diamonds and people purposfully crossing jungles with diamonds and other breeds of carpet pureley for color variations. What would happen if a snake was offered that had an unusual pattern would you question the bloodlines or pay extra for an unusual snake such as a stimi with stripes down the body, must have been a weird looking snake. But to buy would cost so much more than normal.
Who ever thinks this is wrong I hope you keep your population paste to your self as you should only breed with a purebred [deleted] like yourselves as we do not want any [deleted] X [deleted]around or what would you call him/her, not human, as you have crossed genes from 2 different species...........................it works for all species of animals. I also hope you only spend thousands buying a dog as there are a lot of bitsas around and following your comments would make you a [deleted]for getting something that is not 100%, even though a bitsa dog is usually more loyal and smarter......

Last edited by a moderator:
Bit early to be hitting the turps, mate.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back