Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are heaps of different species of snake. Subpecies is say jungle and diamond. But a carpet and water python are totally different species.

Dogs and snakes shouldn't be compared, but crossing a great dane with a ****zu is like crossing a banded jungle with a striped jungle. It is nothing at all like crossing two different species.

Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, Species. That is the order that the animal kingdom runs in. "Snakes" are not a species, they are an order of animals of which different Families, Genus and species of Snakes exist. Genus and Species are the two we are all familiar with. Aspidites, Morelia, Liasis etc are all examples of Different Genus. ramsayi, carinata, fuscus etc, are all examples of Species.

The Genus always begins with a capital and the species always begins with a lower case. Together they would read like so: Aspidites ramsayi, Morelia carinata, Liasis fuscus. Below is a complete taxonic naming example for a water python first and then a shingle-back second. Appologise for any slight mistakes in spelling as this is going off the top of my head.

Water Python:

Kindom
Animalia

Phylum
Chordata

Class
Reptilia

Order
Squamata (snakes and lizards)

suborder
Serpentes (snakes)

Family
Biodae (Boas and Pythons)

Genus
Liasis

Species
Fuscus

Shingle back.

Kingdom
Animalia

Phylum
Chordata

Class
Reptilia

Order
Squamata (snakes and lizards)

Suborder
Sauria (Lizards)

Family
Scincidae

Genus
Tiliqua

Species
rugosa

It says in the add "potentionally dangerous"
Does this mean venom wise or to keeping species pure? ;)

Since this thread already seems to have gone to crap, can someone explain to me what type of differances there are between a diamond python and a coastal carpet python that cannot be found between 2 differant breeds of dogs as far as taxonomy is concerned.

i would just like to imply on a totally unrelated topic, where the pure broad - headed and stephens actually went, after creating that potentially dangerous h...h...h...thing

orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i dunno staying 2gether? into the wild? hoo noes wat a venomous hybrid breeder would do?

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back