Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so some bloke bred his jungle and albino? why do that to your livestock? would be interesting to see if they sell though...

Oh they will sell...Seems like hybridizing is the new trend...

I can't stand seeing things like this to be honest, sure he's selling it for what it is but it just muddy's up the hobby!

(call me old fashioned)

Last edited:
Oh they will sell...Seems like hybridizing is the new trend...

I can't stand seeing things like this to be honest, sure he's selling it for what it is but it just muddy's up the hobby!

hmmm... ud be better off culling what you dont need for your own breeding in my oppinion. i know it sounds harsh but if you wanna do the hybrid thing, keep em to yourself.(i dont do the hybrid thing personally.. although RPM x jungle would be something i could see myself doing in the distant future) But we'll see where the hobby goes in 15-20 years.

this this guy was doing these last yr too!
i remember seeing em around, again pics would be interesting to see

hmmm... ud be better off culling what you dont need for your own breeding in my oppinion. i know it sounds harsh but if you wanna do the hybrid thing, keep em to yourself.(i dont do the hybrid thing personally.. although RPM x jungle would be something i could see myself doing in the distant future)

Really???
See, I like snakes.
I don't want to kill them because they don't fit into the current taxonomic status. You think the breeder should kill what he doesn't want to keep, but you would keep a jag because it looks good?? Maybe rethink that.
Please don't take this as a personal attack, because it's not. Most people seem to have a knee jerk reaction to oppose hybrids, until a pretty one comes along.
People like Ramsay like them pure and will continue to produce them, and sell them for what they are.
People like me will be attemptimg to produce designer animals and will sell them as such.
There will be a market for each, with dedicated breeders meeting the demand on both sides.
Anyone who condones the culling of reptiles because they are crosses or whatever need to go and find a new hobby.
A snake offers so much more than simply it's pedigree or colour, and anyone willing to judge them on that alone should really rethink their involvement in the hobby.

hmmm... ud be better off culling what you dont need for your own breeding in my oppinion. i know it sounds harsh but if you wanna do the hybrid thing, keep em to yourself.(i dont do the hybrid thing personally.. although RPM x jungle would be something i could see myself doing in the distant future)

Really???
See, I like snakes.
I don't want to kill them because they don't fit into the current taxonomic status. You think the breeder should kill what he doesn't want to keep, but you would keep a jag because it looks good?? Maybe rethink that.
Please don't take this as a personal attack, because it's not. Most people seem to have a knee jerk reaction to oppose hybrids, until a pretty one comes along.
People like Ramsay like them pure and will continue to produce them, and sell them for what they are.
People like me will be attemptimg to produce designer animals and will sell them as such.
There will be a market for each, with dedicated breeders meeting the demand on both sides.
Anyone who condones the culling of reptiles because they are crosses or whatever need to go and find a new hobby.
A snake offers so much more than simply it's pedigree or colour, and anyone willing to judge them on that alone should really rethink their involvement in the hobby.

Well said. I agree completely

Each to their own opinion but I personally prefer pure that is my preference
I also don't agree with hybridizing, again thats my personal opinion.

I have seen RPM's & the likes...Some are stunning I am not dismissing that,
but then the same looks if not better in some cases
can be achieved by selective breeding without crossing species/ sub species etc..

I love these threads. Personally I cant wait to see exotics hybridized with our natives as our snakes are so dull and boring I can't think of a single species that really catches my eye and makes me think WOW I GOTTA HAVE ME ONE OF THEM!!!

both the same species so it doesn't matter does it? There being sold as what they are so nobody should be complaining, if its legal go for it!

How can you guarantee all your collection was not crossed some time in the past? what do you consider pure? does it have to be caught within 50km? 100km? just look the same? What about stuff that is still getting worked on? if they split stuff how will you know what you have without exact location pure animals?

And the big one, why does it matter? They are just pets aren't they? not for conservation? Each to there own I guess.

Really???
See, I like snakes.

jag isnt a hybrid mate

hybrids can have all sorts of genetic defects and if one accidentally or purposefully gets released into the wild and it can affect the health of the local population. the fact is, if you liked snakes, you would like them for what they are and shouldnt try to play god. having said that. where would you draw the line at playing god?

Last edited:
You cannot guarantee anything in life 100% you can only trust your own judgement...

I prefer pure & where possible locale specific animals that is part of my interest in this hobby.

Thats like saying I want a ferret but I'll settle for a rat their all furry & look similar :rolleyes:

I have seen RPM's & the likes...Some are stunning I am not dismissing that,
but then the same looks if not better in some cases
can be achieved by selective breeding without crossing species/ sub species etc..[/QUOTE]

Beauty is certanly in the eye of the beholder, but sorry, you can't convince me that line breeding will come close topping these and 100's of others like them.
These are the future of the hobby.
I'll still maintain pure lines of some species, but it's animals like these that will take our hobby to the next level.

Attachments

• BullwinkleJuly2007_small.jpg
    BullwinkleJuly2007_small.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 103
  • JUNGLE JAG.JPG
    JUNGLE JAG.JPG
    226 KB · Views: 117
  • szeb1.jpg
    szeb1.jpg
    560.8 KB · Views: 120
going the way of the 'good ole' yanks :/

Will be good, they have some nice critters over there, and lots of cheap animals too. I love cheap stuff!

I only like the last animal above, the one in the middle would look better jet black. its a jungle jag isn't it? I am fussy though!

Thats like saying I want a ferret but I'll settle for a rat their all furry & look similar :rolleyes:

...you know there different animals right? a jungle and a darwin are both the same species im no seeing the parallels here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back