Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

666PYTHON

Reaction score
hey guys i no this question is proby asked alot but wat is the difference between a jag and rpm well acctually wat is a jag and a rpm? dnt wanna cause anything just wanna no wat thay are and wat the defference is?

I've actually been wondering about a lot of the acronyms and short terms used, and googling hasn't given me satisfying answers. What are hets, RPMS/Jags (which you say are the same - why are they called that)? Also MD's and a few of the other acronyms confuse me. I figured out GTS, GTP, BHP ie the more well known snakes, but not some of the others.

face palm

How dare he ask right ?

I've actually been wondering about a lot of the acronyms and short terms used, and googling hasn't given me satisfying answers. What are hets, RPMS/Jags (which you say are the same - why are they called that)? Also MD's and a few of the other acronyms confuse me. I figured out GTS, GTP, BHP ie the more well known snakes, but not some of the others.

Put the ones you need help with up, im sure we can help

Last edited:
Het = heterozygous for a single gene trait

MD = Murray Darling carpet python

RPMs = Reduced pattern morelia (same as a jag, a coined aussie name)

Jag's = Jaguar carpet pythons, single gene co dominant mutation for reduced pattern

Put the ones you need help with up, im sure we can help

As I see them I will :) Thanks for the clear explanations girdheinz, that helps me. So a het would have, for instance, both albino and normal genes, one dominant one recessive? Is that correct? Or is it two albino in the pair (using the example)?

Sorry about semi-hijacking the thread PYTHON

Last edited:
RPMs = Reduced pattern morelia (same as a jag, a coined aussie name)

Hod on RPM's aren't always jags, there are plenty of RPM's that originated from pure aussie stock that don't come with the imported jag gene with all it's associated problems. I've seen pure jungles etc that i would classify as RPM's and they are definately not Jags.

Ben

isn't rpm=reduced pattern modified ??? rpm-jag

rp is much different only having a reduced pattern

Hod on RPM's aren't always jags, there are plenty of RPM's that originated from pure aussie stock that don't come with the imported jag gene with all it's associated problems. I've seen pure jungles etc that i would classify as RPM's and they are definately not Jags.

Ben

Hey Ben, not correct I'm afraid, I seem to be one of the last who still remembers when and where all this RPM business started but RPM is definitely not the same as a pure Aussie line Reduced Pattern animal.

100% correct. For the love of Gawd, don't make me go dig up the very first thread on the subject of RPMs, because I do remember it. Soooo... tired...of this subject....

Yes that is correct RPM does stand for reduced pattern modified, first used by SXR. RP first popped up when Joel Faustino used it to describe his reduced pattern prossies.

RP first popped up when Joel Faustino used it to describe his reduced pattern prossies.

Like this guy, just as good looking as a Jag without all the head twirling business! :)

Attachments

• P1010852.jpg
    P1010852.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 94
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back