Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Matter & anti-matter thing is not part of creationist theory. it is much closer aligned to the evolutionists and the theories on the creation of the universe. Interesting that everyone jumped to the conclusion that it was creationist. I specifically tried to put part of each in my comment and make it part creationist/part evolutionist. I am the only person I know of with the theory that God created the earth and all thinigs living on it through the process of evolution. That probably makes me a whacko but I don't care.

Don't be silly but I am currently working on a Frill Necked Water Python.

peterjohnson64 said:
The Matter & anti-matter thing is not part of creationist theory. it is much closer aligned to the evolutionists and the theories on the creation of the universe. Interesting that everyone jumped to the conclusion that it was creationist. I specifically tried to put part of each in my comment and make it part creationist/part evolutionist. I am the only person I know of with the theory that God created the earth and all thinigs living on it through the process of evolution. That probably makes me a whacko but I don't care.

Don't worry Peter i'm about there too.

No it just means you can explain it all away and have the facts and evidence to back up at least half of it. :wink:

peterjohnson64 said:
That probably makes me a whacko but I don't care.

peterjohnson64 said:
I am the only person I know of with the theory that God created the earth and all thinigs living on it through the process of evolution. That probably makes me a whacko but I don't care.

Your not alone, infact recently the Catholic Church and other organised cults, have conceded Evolution to be fact. But still hold onto the.. oh oh oh.. but.... God still kick started it all.. :roll:

So its seems your not alone at all...

Im not sure of the release date for a revised version of the Bible :wink:

Matt

[

Bring it back to life again...

I still think that we as keepers have a responsibility to the animals, the culture and other individuals interested in reptiles to behave as ethically as possible with with the animals in our care. Hybridising wild animals, when we only have access to a very limited genetic stock of animals in captivity, is simply NOT ethical in any way. We need to take care of the future of our interest.Those that want to do it (just because they can) will forever compromise the animals we love so much.

The problem with similar specie/subspecie hybrids is that many of the animals produced will look a lot like one or the other parent, and will be pretty much indistiguishable from the parents. Those with evident characteristics of both may be in a minority, so what happens to the others? Those who now say "who cares" are the problem here, they don't think the problem is serious enough to bother. It is...

Like a kid with a few pots of pure colour, experiments by mixing them all together, and ends up with a s*****y mess which eventually gets thrown out as no good for anything, and you can't ever return them to what they were.

J.

why can you understand some being done but not others?

From my perspective, coastals and diamonds are closer (similar) than say a jungle x diamond and definiately more so than a woma and carpet. However as others have said it should definately always be made clear that the animal being sold is not pure.

craig.a.c said:
In time we will have these mongrels flooding australia and there will be fewer and fewer pure species around.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm not having a go at you Craig, far from it.... but this is about the 5th time I've read a similar comment along this vein.

There will always be the purists out there, always!! Absolutely no question about it! I've come to realize snake breeders and some assorted keepers as the most insecure bunch of individuals in our countries entire pet/ hobby trade! The sky-rocketing price of GTP's reflect this perfectly! :lol:

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: x breeds

SnakeWrangler said:
JandC_Reptiles said:
Same as Morelia x Aspidites you have a snake with the instinct to track heat but no functional sensing pits to do so.
Any animal in such a condition would not need the pits because they are supplied with dead food put right in front of their face, somehow I think they would not even notice the difference.

So with that reasoning Elapids would not need venom in captivity then, making Ray Hoser a Herping guru yeah? :roll:

moosenoose said:
There will always be the purists out there, always!!

Unfortunately there may not always be pure animals to go with this assertion. There are some species of (foreign) birds in Australian aviculture which have all been cross bred with related species and hence no pure animals are available and the pure species is lost to Australia.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: x breeds

JandC_Reptiles said:
SnakeWrangler said:
JandC_Reptiles said:
Same as Morelia x Aspidites you have a snake with the instinct to track heat but no functional sensing pits to do so.
Any animal in such a condition would not need the pits because they are supplied with dead food put right in front of their face, somehow I think they would not even notice the difference.

So with that reasoning Elapids would not need venom in captivity then, making Ray Hoser a Herping guru yeah? :roll:

Not supporting either of these practices, just a neutral point, I don't think you can compare in that way JandC as elapids actually use the venom to digest their meals whereas heat pits have no part in metabolising food

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: x breeds

It is the same thing imo.
Many other snake species don't use venom to aid digestion.
Venomoids are thriving without their toxicity.
So If Elapids in captivity are being fed dead rodents why is venom a necessity?

Evolution created these functions so why do we need to deprive the animals of them?

Nagraj said:
moosenoose said:
There will always be the purists out there, always!!

Unfortunately there may not always be pure animals to go with this assertion. There are some species of (foreign) birds in Australian aviculture which have all been cross bred with related species and hence no pure animals are available and the pure species is lost to Australia.

That's a shame, I was hoping of buying something pure one day! Seriously, there is that instability thing I was talking about :lol:

Moosenoose,

Sure there will be people breeding pure stock for many years to come... to keep alot of the Purists (myself included) happy............. . . .... .. ....

But what about all people who dont realise when they are sold a tainted animal. It ends up being bred down the line under the pure banner.

Its the "snow ball effect".

There are so many questionable animals for sale IMO.

Matt

That's where you'll know, and anyone else "in the know" will understand what you have and have been continually breeding Matt :wink:

It's a little like buying a genuine Phase 3 GTHO Falcon - I'd love one, but the price will ulitmately determine what most people are able to afford. If it looks like a GT and goes like one (or better), then I'd most likely buy a replica - who's to know what it is unless you have an intimate knowledge about cars? Most people are happy enough to excite the general public with a fake than try and impress the minority of "purists" (who incidently pick holes in everything anyway! :lol: ) with the genuine article! Why do you think they made a sequel to "Too fast, Too Furious"????? hehehehehe I know where you are coming from, but I think being the small community it is, there will always be a pretty tight circle in-the-know as to who keeps and breeds the "purer" forms :p

I'm totally amazed this thread has remained peaceful for so long! Amazing! :lol: (Good work :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back