Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a coastal, they're a great snake (no, I'm not biased or anythin lol) :)
They are generally a great begineers snake and come in a huge variety of colours and patterns, and they are also very affordable, so you can even get 2 or more :D

If any of you have any more photos of the Darwins i'd be keen to see them, you don't hear too much about them but that photo from Dobermanmick of the Darwin is just a little bit nice so i'd like to see more of them....

aren't they all just so pretty though!!!! :mrgreen:

Meg said:
If any of you have any more photos of the Darwins i'd be keen to see them, you don't hear too much about them but that photo from Dobermanmick of the Darwin is just a little bit nice so i'd like to see more of them....

aren't they all just so pretty though!!!! :mrgreen:

DSCF0111.jpg

Male_Darwin.jpg

You may wish to check out the local herp socieity - MARK. I am sure that they will happily explain how the local rules work in reality. They meet a couple of times per month. The details are on their web site:

http://mark.org.au

--
Herp Shop - http://www.herpshop.com.au
hs_CompleteChondro_thumb.jpg

January 2006 Herp Shop Special
Order your copy of the
[colour=red]** Hot off the press **[/color]
"The More Complete Chondro"
during January 2006 and receive a bonus free Oz Herp Thermometer and Oz Herp Hygrometer with each copy.
These neat little units normally sell for $6 each or $10 the pair.
hs_OzHerpTherHygro_thumb.jpg

WOW - those Darwins are amazing!!! beautiful markings there!

how much can you get one of those for usually??

I am biased as well. Go for a Darwin.
darwinII.jpg

Who's a pretty girl?
female_darwin.jpg

Also, I am a big believer that Diamonds need separate day/night temps. You can't simply keep them at 30 degrees 24/7. A Coastal/ Bredli/ Murray-Darling/ Darwin would be my suggestion over a Diamond.

I have seen hatchies go for as low as $125 each maybe even lower usually i see them advertised $150-$180 It would have to have exceptional parents for me to pay more then this .

1st snake i recon you should go an olive there great snake freindly and grow big :)

if not i would definatly go a coastal or darwin

cheers

well il go different then veryone else and say get a murray/darling carpet python, they dont get as large as a coastal (more the size of a bredli or diamond) and they are great snakes, coastals are great to but they can be stuburn things when they want to be. murrays are great!!!!

My first was a Coastal but I would suggest either a Coastal or a Murray Darling. When I first got into herps I was never a very big fan of the Murray Darlings but after seeing so many basking and slithering by me at work they have stolen my heart, they're beautiful python.

Hi, first post here for me, how's everyone going.

I'm also planning on buying my first Python soon, and asked the same question over at the animal attraction forums. The main response I received in regards to a good first timer Python, were BHPs or Bredli's. I've gone the bredli route... Hypo Bredli to be exact (waiting for a response from Pails).

Personally, Jungles are probably the most attractive (aside from those overly expensive Green Tree Pythons), but their temperament leaves alot to be desired unfortunately.

I find it amazing that the ACT has such different laws to NSW, considering it's really just a part of it. You don't have any relos in Queanbeyan do you? :p

what ever u choice dont rush into it , do your reserch by looking into how big they grow for example, do you have the room for a larger breed or maybe you will be more comfortable around the smaller breeds, but most important choose colour and patterns carfully, as down the track u may wish to breed your snakes. good coloured babies are quick to sell.
my first snakes were diamond then macs, bredli, murrys, now womas are buy far a fav python, later on when you want some adrenalin, get yourself a nice tiger snake, you will have a load of fun even with the simple task of changing the water.
good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back