Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i thought i put this one up but its gone
IMG_1087.jpg

Thanks for the update Nick; I forgot to ask, how's the old guy going?

Stunning Panoptes Farma, they certainly are a very impressive animal!

female bells seem to be hard to come by especially nice clean ones
id like to stay with the same line also so i will have to wait until next season and see what comes up

Great thread everyone! Some very nice specimens all round.

Here"s some of my little guy, Sleepy.

Attachments

• 110220111110.jpg
    110220111110.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 149
  • 110220111104.jpg
    110220111104.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 169
  • 110220111108.jpg
    110220111108.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 135
  • 110220111106.jpg
    110220111106.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 138
Hope this dosen't offend, but, here's a pic of the biggest Panoptes I've ever seen, unfortunately, it was already "lunch" when I arrived:(. As a comparison, my nephew at the time was 5'11" in the old scale.

Used to see that size all the time on the Mary. Wildman, Alligators SE&W, Adelaide, Finnis and Daly river floodplains before the toads arrived. I havent seen a big one for years. Guess they dont learn as quickly as the Mertens.

Here's the little guys I've been finding lately in big numbers around southern VRD,

. Spiny #5.jpg

Spiny # 6.jpg

V storri storri aparently

Last edited:
Used to see that size all the time on the Mary. Wildman, Alligators SE&W, Adelaide, Finnis and Daly river floodplains before the toads arrived. I havent seen a big one for years. Guess they dont learn as quickly as the Mertens.

Hopefully, there's still a few of these big fellas around, as this was taken at "parry's Lagoon", just outside Wyndham (East Kimberley). Probably not for long, though!

Nick; I forgot to ask, how's the old guy going?

Unfortunately, I had too many males and had to part with a couple. The old guy was one of them. It was a tough decision but it had to be done. He is still down here in the Illawarra with an experienced keeper, and as far as I know he is in a spacious outdoor pit, so I'm sure he is content. I also parted with all my pythons (except a pair of olives which may go later this year) because I just couldn't afford to keep them anymore and was losing interest in them.

It will just be lacies for me from now on.

Jeremy, very cool photo!

Latest posts

Back