most painful experiences (graphic pics)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ooooh those are AWESOME photos Trench! but i agree...far too small to truly appreciate :(
just see the maggot infestation as some free medical treatment ;)

don't have any photos, but when I was about 8 we were on holiday visiting my aunt in NSW. I was sitting on the bed playing N64 with my cousins, and my little cousin was sitting on the ground; I wasn't paying attention to what she was doing.
My Mum called me and when I got off the bed...I found myself with a wooden skewer straight through the top of my foot! Turns out she was sitting down breaking them in half for fun, and one must've been stuck in the carpet pointing upwards...

lol thats what the docs told me but believe me every time they move across the cut it was agony
that would have been creapy :/
I have had lots of things stuck in my feet, rake, nails, screws, large splinters,
my dad wanted a large trailer, so he got a skeleton for one (which he was going to put a deck on) but any way me and my brothers were playing tag and I ran across the skeleton, but my foot went through it and i hit my chin on it and split it open, but i just stuck a plaster on it and forgot about it.
a few days later i was so sick, i couldn't open my mouth so i couldn't eat, dad finaly asked what the plaster was for and when I took it off we found that the split was infected and was so swollen that I couldn't open my mouth (still have the scar on my chin)
I also have scars all up my arms, legs, fingers, and chest from knives (knives are another fav of mine :) ), lizards and many other things that I can't remember
mike_k that is mad :)
snakluvver3 one time me and my brothers were racing on our bikes, I was going faster than I had ever gone befor when the bike went out of control and fell over on the road, I had tears all up my legs and arms.

good to hear that its better spyder6052

Not to be outdone.

Had a case of necrotising fasciatus (flesh eating disease) possibly caused by spider bite resulting in amputation.
Pain was unbearable.

Attachments

• 28122009 1.jpg
    28122009 1.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 228
most painful thing I have pics of...Child birth
(don't worry, It's a c-section)

most painful thing I have pics of...Child birth
(don't worry, It's a c-section)

Was it the birth itself or the following days?
My missus had one and was drugged up pretty well, but when they wore off it became very sore (to say the least).

Labour...My problem was that my body didn't like labour...I tried to give birth naturally, but everything went wong and ended up with both my kids being delivered by emergecy ceaser.
The contractions pulled them up instead of pushing them down, my son was engaged for 3 weeks, then after 14 hrs of labour, the doc comes in and goes "oh, he's not even engaged yet", his spine was pressed against my spine and his foot was caught in my ribs (not actually stuck as such, but doc said it was bad and he came out with twisted feet.)
With my second one, the anethatist that was on call and supposed to be there within an hour, didn't turn up for 4 hrs after I asked for an epidural so after 28 hrs of labour they knocked me out cause i was in too much agony and wasnt able to sit up for them to put a spinal block in.
My second labour was about ten times worse than the first one...
Needless to say, IF i have any more kids, they will be planned ceasers

The first day after...I was on cloud 9, then the good drugs wore off and it was excruiating...worst thing was coughing and sneezing

Last edited:
OMG, I thought my missus had a bad delivery (and she did)

But I am sure you look at your kids and say it was worth it.:D

Dislocated both my fingers pretty bad after the motor in an old air-conditioning unit fell on my fingers never get them properly fixed.

I should say broken*

Attachments

• Photo on 2011-09-01 at 10.32.jpg
    Photo on 2011-09-01 at 10.32.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 166
Tripped and fell down my front stairs a couple years ago, wound up flat on my face with my left leg banging very hard on the 4 steps and very sore leg, huge bruise on the shin, nothing broken though.
A month later and my leg was still sore and got so bad I required Panadiene and Panadiene Forte for the pain and it started swelling and getting very red.
p4150033.jpg

Antibiotics made no impression on it, and it got so bad I could barely stand to put any weight on it or use it walk. Was feeling extremely ill by now (and very weak too a well as being in agony (imagine your worse tooth ache and multiply that by at least 10 (I know as I have to wait a week to get in to have a sore tooth seen to right now !!) - it all I could do get out of bed and walk the 10 feet to the toilet).

Then I woke to find puss oozing from a scab from the fall just below the knee and called the GP who ordered an ambulance for me and I found myself promptly having my leg opened up under local (which was not much help !! and hurt like hell) by the surgical registrar on duty.
3 weeks in hospital in the high dependency surgical ward with lots of oral pain relief (Endone and Panadiene) and very potent intravenous antibiotics and my leg infection was not improving , big hole in my leg just under my knee repacked every day – talk of potential that leg may have to go, then a NRI and they found a deep abscess that needed me to go under general to have it removed and the leg cleaned up
p5020051.jpg

Wound up with drain in my shin.
Finally some improvement and I was sent home after a month in hospital and required daily from the area nurse to repack my wound and rewrap my leg – ordered NOT TO USE THE LEG and KEEP IT ELEVATED by surgeon, still on very powerful antibiotics and very strong pain relief (panadiene and Endone before my shower and my visit from the nurse).

The drain was removed in the surgical outpatients’ clinic by my surgical snr registrar after a month and replaced by a surgical wick that had to be pushed into the leg each day ( to make the leg wound heal from the inside first ).
p5060053.jpg

All up I was laid up and home bound for over 6 months until the nurse gave my leg the “HEALED” tag.

Bad tooth ache is no fun either. I think I broke a filling on Sunday and I've been taking panadol and panadiene since.

Another that's not much fun is an bad inner ear infection - never use those safety ear plugs - I got an inner ear infection using them and it felt like someone was driving a big nail through the side of head for a few days.

Dslocating your elbow is no fun either - been there done that - 4 times the same elbow (1st time I required it reduced in hospital, 3rd time was a really bad dislocation and I put under general to reduce it). Sport injuries these.

Labour...My problem was that my body didn't like labour...I tried to give birth naturally, but everything went wong and ended up with both my kids being delivered by emergecy ceaser.
The contractions pulled them up instead of pushing them down, my son was engaged for 3 weeks, then after 14 hrs of labour, the doc comes in and goes "oh, he's not even engaged yet", his spine was pressed against my spine and his foot was caught in my ribs (not actually stuck as such, but doc said it was bad and he came out with twisted feet.)
With my second one, the anethatist that was on call and supposed to be there within an hour, didn't turn up for 4 hrs after I asked for an epidural so after 28 hrs of labour they knocked me out cause i was in too much agony and wasnt able to sit up for them to put a spinal block in.

The first day after...I was on cloud 9, then the good drugs wore off and it was excruiating...worst thing was coughing and sneezing

My wife was offered an epidural , says it was fantastic , she didn't see the size of needle they used ( scarey !).

Last edited:
this is cool...clearly not for those that had it but for me to look at...i love this stuff and i'm not kidding either, fasicnates the crap outta me!

my contribution...
Lumbar Puncture where the local didn't work = me biting a hole in a pillowcase and lots of sympathy from doctors and nurses!!!

this one is from tuesday: i had what's called a Cerebral venogram and manometry (cerebral meaning brain, venogram meaning x-ray of veins and a manometry is pressure measurements).
A really long catheter is guided from a major vein in my groin/leg to the transverse and venous sinus', once they get behind your ear you can hear and feel it go the rest of the way and it hurts like crazy!
Being an epileptic as well i had a grand mal seizure while they were doing this....smooth real smooth!

this is the bruise i have 2 days later.
321599_10150360805919740_579859739_9915709_1864848_n.jpg

Also after Karate training one night Sempai Glenn was practicing a double kick that the Black belts had been doing earlier and one of the other sempai's got in the way as well as the floor was a bit slippery as it was summer and Sempai glenn's big toe got caught under his foot and he had a open break of his big toe...the top was 90 degress to the right as it was his left foot....

Last edited:
I also have to say having wisdom teeth out isn't much fun either...I got all 4 out at once under local, which they had to redo twice cause it didnt work. They were caught under my jaw and they had to break them to get them out...
I couldn't talk for 2 weeks and my jaw locked shut, I could only open it enough to get a straw in...my son was quite young and got really distressed cause I'm normally very loud and talk alot...
My face got so fat and puffy too...no pics though

My wife was offered an epidural , says it was fantastic , she didn't see the size of needle they used ( scarey !).[/QUOTE]

I wish i got the epi, even the doctor told me to make a complaint about the anesthetist not turning up, if he hadve gotten there in time, i could've had one, the pain got too bad while we were waiting and I wouldn't have needed to be knocked out...I ended up braking the mouth piece on the gas...I swear the gas didn't do anything, it was just a distraction...although my partner liked it

Last edited:
I would have to say dropping a frozen full rump(beef) on my foot. It smashed several bones and split the skin and mangled a vein, blood was shooting out in time with my pulse and I left a trail of blood from the freezer all the way out to the UHF radio then to the phone. I used sterile cotton to tie the veins off then used butterfly closures to hold the wound together, was 8 hours away from a hospital. It has healed alright now that was about 5 years ago.... Very painful ;)

The mods on here wont let me post pics, but there are some on here that can attest to my story.

Back in 1988, whilst riding my motorcycle back from a physio appointment (from a prior bike accident) I had the misfortune to meet a car that was doing a runner from the cops (DUI) The car crested a hill and tokk a L/H corner so fast that it slid into my lane hitting me head-on. I left the bike, smashed through the windscreen (breaking the drivers kneck) hit the back of the wagon with so much force that it opened the tail gate spilling me onto the road only to be struck by the pursuing police car. Wash up was, I tore my old fella off (re-stitched with micro surgery) splatted one of me nuts (replaced with a silicone one) broke my pelvis, tib & fib in 5 places, femur, R/H wrist, R/H arm, and fractured my skull.

3 months in a Coma, another 3 months in a bed before I could walk, and 4 months of re-hab saw me out of hospital in time for X-mass. I have had 17 operations since and still ride my beloved bikes. My scars are interesting, and win me lots of bets down the pub.

Regards Lofty

YOWZER!!!!! can i thank the mods for not allowing pics of that one??

I went into hospital on the 16th of august for a Anterior Cervical Discectomy and interbody fusion.
big words for going in through my throat and drilling out my c6 and c7 disk's and put in a titanium cage and fuse it all together. Ended up not being able to breath or swallow and spent 7 days in intensive care unit where Morphine became my closest friend. out of hospital now and back at home still dont know if the opperation was any good as there is still so much pain and swelling this is by far the worst **** i have ever been through.

Cheers Dave.:D

The mods on here wont let me post pics, but there are some on here that can attest to my story.

Back in 1988, whilst riding my motorcycle back from a physio appointment (from a prior bike accident) I had the misfortune to meet a car that was doing a runner from the cops (DUI) The car crested a hill and tokk a L/H corner so fast that it slid into my lane hitting me head-on. I left the bike, smashed through the windscreen (breaking the drivers kneck) hit the back of the wagon with so much force that it opened the tail gate spilling me onto the road only to be struck by the pursuing police car. Wash up was, I tore my old fella off (re-stitched with micro surgery) splatted one of me nuts (replaced with a silicone one) broke my pelvis, tib & fib in 5 places, femur, R/H wrist, R/H arm, and fractured my skull.

3 months in a Coma, another 3 months in a bed before I could walk, and 4 months of re-hab saw me out of hospital in time for X-mass. I have had 17 operations since and still ride my beloved bikes. My scars are interesting, and win me lots of bets down the pub.

Regards Lofty

And I thought my injury was bad.
If this thread gets a worst injury award, you would be in the running!
Hope the rod and tackle are still workin:)

I went into hospital on the 16th of august for a Anterior Cervical Discectomy and interbody fusion.
big words for going in through my throat and drilling out my c6 and c7 disk's and put in a titanium cage and fuse it all together. Ended up not being able to breath or swallow and spent 7 days in intensive care unit where Morphine became my closest friend. out of hospital now and back at home still dont know if the opperation was any good as there is still so much pain and swelling this is by far the worst **** i have ever been through.

Cheers Dave.:D
Well all I can say is..... I am never going to grizzle about my foot again
Hope it all goes well for you Dave xxx
Crystal

I bit through my tongue when I was about 2. No pics as it was back in 1982, I still remember the pain, the blood and going under to have it sewn back on. It was only held on by a minute strip of skin, and I now have a curved scar. When I got my tongue pierced I was tempted to get two more to make a smiley face lol...

That sucks so bad mate, I was really lucky to have 3 really good labours. Not really painful at all, and two of them (my last two) at home. I hate telling people I'm a homebirther usually, because I often get justification stories, like I'm some millitant natural birther, but to me it's wherever you feel comfortable and man, were I you I'd elect a c-section too. Full respect, there's no way I'd have the strength you do.
The other thing I usually get is how brave it is to give birth at home. Not the case, I'm terrified of hospitals ;) I'd have gone mad being in your shoes.

Regards Lofty

Oh holy crap!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back