Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to add my opinion. Its only in Australia that there is such an issue with a snake being pure or not. The rest of the world is a lot less narrow minded about things like that. An animals genetic origin can not be established by just looking at it, its even less likely to tell if an animal is species true due to its colour.The only way it can be assessed is by genetic testing, and i have found that in Australia (within the herp community) there are lots of animals with questionable origin. So unless you caught it in the bush originally you would not know for sure!!! I wish people would get of their high horses about this hole purity issue and appreciate snakes in captivity for what they are worth!!!! They are snakes in captivity! Never to be released back into the wild unless someone is negligent enough to leave their cages unlocked. The hobby will change in the next few years and have started changing already!!!!

LMFAO!!!!

MoreliaHunter,

Did you catch all your stock yourself? if not wouldnt that make the origins of your animals questionable also?..... or did you do some genetic testing?
What genetic testing has seperated the locality types?

I dont blame the people in North America or Europe if they dont care about pure animals like you claim... they dont have much choice with people like you wanting to breed so many hybrids ;)

Just perhaps..... Australias have a intrest in their native fauna, and the many forms it comes in:p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back