Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pythons rule: You definitely have the worst luck when it comes to that girl of yours. It could be that your male was not cooled for long enough and night time temps did not get low enough. Did you measure room temps during your cooling period this year? I would love to see you be successful with that girl. It would make me happy and I'm sure you will be over the moon if you could manage it!!!

Did she pass anything?? If she ovulated she should have passed something. I'm still tipping what you saw was follicle development. They swell up in a similar manner to ovulation during follicle development.

About to have pre lay any day now. Very fat girl :lol:

374.jpg

Camo, that is one very big fat snake, considering that she has not had pre lay shed yet, she should produce a great amount of eggs for you.
I am still waiting for my caramel coastal to pre lay shed very soon, My Diamond has had pre lay shed & looking fatter day by day.

BUT I am still unsure what my BHPs are doing. In CQ & North QLD our cooler climate comes a bit later, more like the end of may & june/july. So therefor it is hard to cool the snakes untill earliest May. Therefor BHPs are cooled May/June & introduced Late July & August, which makes our breeding later than more southern climates.

My BHPs did copulate several times & are old enough at 2.5 to 3.5 years age. Both had pre lay shed on 22/10 & 23/10. With info on gestation of BHPs after pre lay shed being mostly 25 to 35 days I figure they still have a good 2 to 3 weeks to go. I have been a bit disapointed thinking that they would swell like a balloon before this & maybe I am being impatient, as they do look to be more gravid everytime I look. This might be wishfull thinking. The other thing that made me think NO eggs was that they have fed & this is unlike coastals that I have bred that do not normally feed through this period. I have spoke to a well known breeder who feeds them right through. So I am not sure what to make of my first time breeding BHPs & it is their first time as well.

I will keep you all posted over the next week or so & maybe some pics if Paula feels like it.
Cheers Ian.

CarpetPython.com.au I cooled them both for 2 months before introducing them, temps in the last month where between 17-31 degs, I put aircon on by midday though. didn't introduce till the 2nd July however didn't see any action till 2 weeks after that when I thought I witnessed ovulation on the 19th July?...this year however being a cooler year so I was thinking it would be a better season...unfortunitly not.

I will not breed anything next year and give her a break and get all the other girls some condition. I am preggy at moment and dont think I will manage breeding snakes and a little baby as well as hubby not home.

you and me both CarpetPython :S

the MD female is looking great Camo :D congrats

dodgy i phone pic this morning but getting closer for this girl....

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 75
not long now dave, looking like she's thick in the right places.

camo that md has some size on her!

Camo, that is one very big fat snake, considering that she has not had pre lay shed yet, she should produce a great amount of eggs for you.
I am still waiting for my caramel coastal to pre lay shed very soon, My Diamond has had pre lay shed & looking fatter day by day.
Yeah she gave me all good eggs last season (18) so she should give me a few again from the look of her :lol:

Caramel as in the co-dom caramels or just a caramel colour?

She's a really nice looking girl Dave, surely she can't go much longer!

Thanks Sarah, Im checking on her every couple of hours! haha! Probably will hold out for days just to annoy me.....

First girl is due for pre-lay shed, second girl is due in a few weeks
f bredli princes 12yrs.jpgf bredli 2004.jpg
pencil.png

Couple of pics from this week.
Wheatbelt on a beautiful clutch
Clutch of jungle eggs and the female who laid them.
Also a pic of my incubator

Thanks, James

Attachments

• DSC_0030.JPG
    DSC_0030.JPG
    300.4 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC_0038.jpg
    DSC_0038.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 90
  • eggs.jpg
    eggs.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Jungle L.jpg
    Jungle L.jpg
    333.6 KB · Views: 80
Love that incubator! Always wanted a glass fronted one so you can see in without opening, but could never find a nice one for sale, love that wheatbelt too.

May I ask where you got that plastic grating from in your container? Have been looking for some but with no luck.

Gorgeous Jungle! Well done.

Dave

Yeah thats a top incubator! And a couple of great looking clutches!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back