Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you feed your snake rabbit?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
dragonboy69 - you are so far off the mark I don't know where to begin. Your sarcastic comments should be saved for when you actually know what you're talking about.
So explain it to me what is the right way xxMelissaxx so I can actually understand it.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by dragonboy69
whats the big deal in how its defrosted as long as it defrosted. im sure there is no right way or wrong way of doing it as long as its defrosted. Has anyone lost a reptile or a family member to the food not being defrosted properlly. no I bet no one has so dont worry how we defrost it.

The food is either defrosted or not how can you defrost the food wrong.Wether its defrosted in water or at room temperature its still defrosted so which method is wrong explain it to me.If you assume the water method is wrong then what will happen to me if that is the method I choose to defrost my next steak for my bbq.Will the defrosting police come after me no I dont think so as long as I have defrosted my steak who gives a dam how I go by it thanks

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Let's just say you should probably listen to xxMelissaxx....

But I can start you off with the words 'Time dependant...."

You can complete the sentence in your sarcastic tone....

But I will end it with - there is very many 'wrong' ways to defrost foods.... But you'd have to be a rocket scientist obviously to understand that.....

(and if by chance you become the victim of poorly defrosted foods (some 10s of thousands of people are hospitalised and many die as a result of poor preparation of food per year) then you'll WISH like god that the defrosting police had come to your house....)

The urban myth of thawing in warm water goes back to when folks used to just plonk thier food in the freezer not in sealed bags etc. I was always told that the freezer dehydrated the food kept for any length of time and the thaw in water returned some of the lost fluid to the food item. Warm water was also supposed to just hurry up the process as many are impatient and don't allow enough time to thaw at room temperature. If the food item is stored in sealed bags, frozen reasonably quickly and then thawed at room temp, it is reasonable that the water process is not required. When I was told about the water thaw I was also feeding animals that were already dehydrated and the fluid content was critical. One would assume that cative kept, well maintained animals would not have the same issues.

Warm water is used because its the quickest, simplest and best way of thawing food. It is also suitable for use with animals in sealed bags, as being wet can deter a feeding response much like offering a room temperature food item (depending on individuals and species).

There is no urban myth just basic physics. Something in contact with water will thaw much faster than something in contact with air. Put an ice cube in a glass of room temp water and one in air at room temp if you cant understand this.

My comments above are a bit rude and have apologised for being harsh to CP.com.au.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Let's just say you should probably listen to xxMelissaxx....

But I can start you off with the words 'Time dependant...."

You can complete the sentence in your sarcastic tone....

But I will end it with - there is very many 'wrong' ways to defrost foods.... But you'd have to be a rocket scientist obviously to understand that.....

(and if by chance you become the victim of poorly defrosted foods (some 10s of thousands of people are hospitalised and many die as a result of poor preparation of food per year) then you'll WISH like god that the defrosting police had come to your house....)

so explain the wrong ways im curious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back